First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Post by Kschultz76 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 am

bronzefly wrote:
Kschultz76 wrote:If its a cork grip that FMJ is going to be pretty hard to resist. I'm still on the hunt for "the jig" rod, and I keep putting off the NRX because I'm unsure about the skeletonized reel seat.
Kevin, the FMJ is split grip. The handle part of the split is cork, the rear grip is EVA.
Thanks Gary that sounds good in my book. I've just never gotten comfortable with Eva handle grips. When you're able to any comparison of the FMJ to Tour Versatile, Jig N Worm, Perfect Pitch or EMTF in the XX line would be great.

PS - I've had limited testing time but I'm digging the new Chronarch.

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:38 am

I'm interested in the rear handle length on the Onager. It's looking like it could be that and the XXX Jade Python this year. Run wallet run! :lol:

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:18 am

It looks like at least a couple of these will be lightening my wallet--the ONETEN Special and the Valdiva look like sure things. I just picked up an Xx Stinger Shot at a local show on Saturday, and I'm excited to see how that's going to fish--it should be a nice step up from my gen one Cumara. It's my third Megabass, the first being the Levante Spinnerbait Special, and the other the XX Diablo Spec R. The rod in the Destroyer lineup that's got me wondering a little is the Javelin: is it strictly a moving bait rod? How does it compare with the XX Extreme Mission Type:F? Any thoughts, Gary?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:50 pm

shimanogloomis man wrote:So what's the difference between these and the xxx's ? Different label same blank
Different blanks.

Tbrezniak
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Tbrezniak » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:30 am

bronzefly wrote:Full Specs per Megabass, ALL are one piece rods, no "off set handle" or "telescoping" rods in this series. Enjoy!

F4.5-611X ONETEN Special - 3/8 - 3/4 oz., 8 - 20# line, Fast Taper, $399
Concept - Jerk Bait, Top Water

F5-72X Daemos - 3/8 - 1 oz., 8 - 20# line, Fast Taper, $399
Concept - Spinner Bait, Chatter Bait, Swim Jig

F5-75X Javelin - 3/8 - 1 oz., 8 - 20# line, Medium Fast Taper, $399
Concept - Long cast treble hook baits

F6-71X FMJ - 3/8 - 1.2oz., 10 - 25# line, Fast Taper, $399
Concept -Jig - 3/8 - 1/2 oz.

F7-76X Valdiva - 3/8 - 1.5oz., 10 - 25# line, Extra Fast Taper, $399
Concept - Jig 1/2 oz - 1 oz. Frog, Big Worm, Swim Bait

F8.5-711X Warhammer - 3/8 - 2oz, 16 - 30# line, Fast Taper, $415
Concept - Punching

F10-711X Onager - 4 - 8 oz., 20 - 40# line, Medium Fast Taper, $425
Concept - Swim Bait

F3.5-611XS Addermine - 1/8 - 1/2 oz., 5 - 12# line, Extra Fast Taper, $399
Concept - Drop Shot, Shakey Head, Tube
When will we be able to place an order for these? I'm looking to get one of the FMJ for skipping docks.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 am

ROD MODEL SPECIFICATIONS

F4.5-611X ONETEN SPECIAL
MSRP: $399
Taper: Fast
Lure Rating: 3/8 – 3/4oz
Line Rating: 8 – 20lb
The Destroyer® Oneten Special delivers improved castability and effortless cadence, allowing anglers to maximize the potential of their Megabass jerkbaits. Proprietary multi-axis Hybrid Graphite System yields a blank that feels poised to unleash furious casts, while also holding a surprising amount of power to control lure and fight alike.
Crisp, lightweight blank and fast taper combine to significantly reduce blank reverberations between jerks, and transmit angler input more quickly and precisely. This increases sensitivity between jerks for improved bite detection, while also requiring less energy to generate the same amount of lure action.
Shortened rear grip further improves rod cadence ergonomics, for truly unrivaled precision and performance. Not limited to jerkbaits, the Oneten Special is also well-suited for those top water applications that rely on cadence and angler input to impart lure action.

F5-72X DAEMOS
Lure Rating: 3/8 – 1oz
The Destroyer® Daemos inherits its core DNA from the Destroyer Racing Condition and Orochi XX Diablo Spec-R, building upon this heritage to take single hook applications to the next level. With a stronger and more sensitive blank, Daemos detects those nearly imperceptible follow-bites during swimming retrieves, and drives thick-gauge steel home for decisive hooksets.
Lightweight construction does little to obscure the blank’s undeniable power, allowing for nimble responsiveness on the water. Daemos loads with a silky-smooth bend for instinctive casting feel, inspiring professional-grade sniper casts to tight targets.

F5-75X JAVELIN
Taper: Medium-Fast
Lure Rating: 3/8 – 1oz
The Destroyer® Javelin is a specialized long-range model, developed specifically for treble hook baits to maximize casting distance and hookup/landing ratios. Employing our Hybrid Graphite System and a Medium-Fast taper, casts load deep into the powerful mid-section of the Javelin’s 7’5” frame, translating angler energy into formidable casting distance.
Javelin is designed for fast-moving search baits and burning, with a Medium-Fast taper tuned to absorb—then quickly pin and control—those key reaction bites. With ample power to set the hook at the end of a long cast, Javelin’s smooth-bending blank also responds dynamically to load, absorbing surges from hard-charging fish to keep those finicky trebles securely buried.

F6-71X FMJ
Lure Rating: 3/8 – 1.25oz
Line Rating: 10 – 25lb
The Destroyer® FMJ harnesses the full potential of our proprietary Hybrid Graphite System and multi-axis construction, delivering a unique blend of sensitivity and power to take jig fishing to new heights.
FMJ transmits contact and composition in sharp clarity, Japanese carbon transmitting even the subtlest pickup bites and pecks. Showcasing a tip section designed with that perfect balance of stiffness/give to hop jigs out of danger of snags, FMJ is built to dominate the gnarliest structure, without sacrificing the ability to manipulate jigs with exact precision.
Powerful lower blank section puts control in your hands in and around structure, while FMJ’s flawless bend responds effortlessly to surging fish to keep hard-won bites pinned.
FMJ’s balance point is carefully calibrated to a palming grip, pivoting with the angler’s hand as the axis point. This reduces rod-work fatigue, while also positioning the angler to unleash fearsome hooksets at a moment’s notice.

F7-76X VALDIVIA
Taper: Extra-Fast
Lure Rating: 3/8 – 1.5oz
Line Rating: 10 – 25lb
The Destroyer® Valdivia is first and foremost a frog rod, developed to give our touring pro’s every edge to dominate the mats.
Precision & Distance: 7’6” length sends frogs to the farthest reaches of expansive mats, while blank’s intuitive bend allows for pinpoint accuracy when targeting open pockets or edges.
Control: Hybrid Graphite System and multi-axis construction afford a lightness that belies Valdivia’s size and strength, allowing for comfortable rod work to draw the maximum action from frogs.
Positive Hookset: Blank tapers to a subtle tip section with the perfect “give” for ambushing bass to take down their meals. Extra-Fast taper quickly transitions to the massively powerful mid/belly section upon hookset, driving thick-gauge hooks home. Valdivia’s entire blank responds dynamically to changing loads, keeping fish pinned under the heaviest mats until anglers can reach in to grab their trophy.

F8.5-711X WARHAMMER
MSRP: $415
Lure Rating: 3/8 – 2oz
Line Rating: 16 – 30lb
The Destroyer® Warhammer is designed for devastatingly powerful and effortless punching applications in the deepest and darkest jungle mats. Leveraging Japanese carbon, a proprietary multi-axis build, and double-wrapped and double-footed Titanium SiC® guides, Warhammer is built for all-day endurance punching.
With balance point calibrated just in front of the reel seat, Warhammer’s pivot point helps reduce fatigue from the repetitive motions of launching and controlling your punch rig.
With that rare combination of deceptive lightness, vast power, and poised balance, Warhammer is forged so you can outperform and outwork the competition.

F10-711X ONAGER
MSRP: $425
Taper: Medium-Fast
Lure Rating: 4 – 8oz
Line Rating: 20 – 40lb
Named after the Roman siege catapult, the Destroyer® Onager was designed to launch large baits with impunity, and crafted for serious bigbait anglers.
Utilizing proprietary multi-axis blank construction and Hybrid Graphite to reduce weight without sacrificing strength or durability, Onager’s entire length exhibits massive power to control bigbaits—and trophy targets—from cast to scale. Combination of lightweight blank material and raw power enables nimble rod work, imparting key action to large baits like the I-SLIDE 262T with ease.
Rear grip length is carefully tuned for two-handed “lever-casting,” and can be comfortably tucked under arm during retrieves, or used to brace throughout the fight of your life. Double-footed Titanium SiC® guides are double-wrapped for durability and performance at key moments.
Onager proudly reflects the commitment of those who dedicate their life to “the one.”

F3.5-611XS ADDERMINE
Taper: Extra-Fast
Lure Rating: 1/8 – 1/2oz
Line Rating: 5 – 12lb
The Destroyer® Addermine is a master of light-line finesse applications. Supple, sensitive tip design offers subtle control, while detecting the most delicate of bites. Under increasing load, Addermine transitions with silky-smoothness, bringing the fight to the surprisingly powerful middle and lower portions of its blank.
Hybrid Graphite System adapts dynamically throughout the fight, ensuring that surges are absorbed fluidly, without putting undue stress on light line and light-wire hooks. Tapered AAA-Grade cork foregrip transitions comfortably to Tip Down Balancer for ideal grip form of index finger extended to touch the blank.

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks for the info, Mark!

Now I REALLY want an FMJ. :lol:

JEDI FISH
Angler
Angler

Post by JEDI FISH » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:53 am

So no Nautilus is this line.... anyone know if one of these possesses the "it factor" reminecient of Nautilus or NRX 893??

By anyone I mean Bronzefly???

antisaint
Angler
Angler

Post by antisaint » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Ham Solo wrote:Thanks for the info, Mark!

X2 on the FMJ , sounds like it will be a great jig stick ,can't wait !!!!!!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Randingo wrote:The rod in the Destroyer lineup that's got me wondering a little is the Javelin: is it strictly a moving bait rod? How does it compare with the XX Extreme Mission Type:F? Any thoughts, Gary?
It does not feel like strictly a moving bait rod in my hands, it's most definitely a versatile rod.
Tbrezniak wrote: When will we be able to place an order for these? I'm looking to get one of the FMJ for skipping docks.
Pre-Orders are open at The Tackle Trap! Megabass is predicting a late April to Early May delivery for the first run of 2017 US Destroyer models.

2017 Megabass Destroyer US Models @ The Tackle Trap
JEDI FISH wrote:So no Nautilus is this line.... anyone know if one of these possesses the "it factor" reminecient of Nautilus or NRX 893??

By anyone I mean Bronzefly???
Once these get out there and into the hands of a bunch of folks, time will determine which of them have the "it factor" but my suspicions are that a couple of them will emerge as favorites among the TT crowd :D
Last edited by bronzefly on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:48 pm

antisaint wrote:
Ham Solo wrote:Thanks for the info, Mark!

X2 on the FMJ , sounds like it will be a great jig stick ,can't wait !!!!!!
X3 I'm gonna be in so much trouble...

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 pm

I hope Megabass come up with total weight of each rod, and create a nice specs sheet, same as they did for Orochi XXX series.

So far it looks like Megabass put very similar graphite in this series and 2016 Destroyer series.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:06 am

It's official, they are all up for PRE-ORDER on The Tackle Trap website. I'll make a separate post in the E-Tailers section as well. As additional information becomes available with regard to weight, charts, etc. the website will be amended as necessary. Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions. Looks like the ASAP earliest pre-orders may be filled by very early April, the bulk to be filled by late April/Early May...

www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

JEDI FISH
Angler
Angler

Post by JEDI FISH » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:26 am

bronzefly wrote:It's official, they are all up for PRE-ORDER on The Tackle Trap website. I'll make a separate post in the E-Tailers section as well. As additional information becomes available with regard to weight, charts, etc. the website will be amended as necessary. Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions. Looks like the ASAP earliest pre-orders may be filled by very early April, the bulk to be filled by late April/Early May...

Once you get a feel for these please let us know which would be comparable to the Nautilus and I'm in!!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:34 am

JEDI FISH wrote:
bronzefly wrote:It's official, they are all up for PRE-ORDER on The Tackle Trap website. I'll make a separate post in the E-Tailers section as well. As additional information becomes available with regard to weight, charts, etc. the website will be amended as necessary. Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions. Looks like the ASAP earliest pre-orders may be filled by very early April, the bulk to be filled by late April/Early May...

Once you get a feel for these please let us know which would be comparable to the Nautilus and I'm in!!
The only one that's even close spec wise is the Javelin, it's an awesome feeling rod. It's going to be as close as it's going to get. The Valdiva is far more powerful than the Nautilus...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap