First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
JEDI FISH
Angler
Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Post by JEDI FISH » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:48 am

bronzefly wrote:
NYBASSIN wrote:
jpmoney wrote:
NYBASSIN wrote:Just came home to the Valdivia. It seems like it's going to be a great rod. Sold an NRX 894 to get it. My first impression is I won't regret it. Aesthetically it no contest, Valdivia wins by a landslide. Balance is another point for the Valdivia and overall just feels better in hand. Tough to say weather it will be as sensitive but time will tell. Can't wait to get it on the water.
Does the Valdivia feel like it has more power than the NRX 894C? I have the 894 and I'm looking for something with a little more power...
Definitely more power. I would say faster too. Actually got it out yesterday for the first time. I don't want to compare sensitivity to the 894, but it is a very sensitive rod. Certainly left nothing wanting. I am happy I made the switch for sure.
Agreed, the Valdiva has more power than NRX 894c, more similar power wise to NRX 895c but without the dreaded tip heaviness the 895 was hung with. Sensitivity is fantastic in my hands and those Hayabusa hooks are pretty impressive too!

I was able to fish several of these quite a bit this weekend. I managed to catch several on a 5" Senko using the Javelin. It reminds me a lot of the beloved and legendary Nautilus! Despite being focused as a long cast treble bait rod, which it's excellent at doing that too, guys will find a lot of uses for the Javelin. Glad you like it, thank you Shawn!!
Well there is the post I was looking for.............a comparison to the Nautilus. I'd love a second Nautilus but they are tough to come by these days. Gary is the Javelin a spot on match or a less powerful version?

If its not a match I think the Valdiva may fill the heavier powered gap between my Leviathan and Nautilus/ NRX 893/ Phase 3 Super Destroyer Combos.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 pm

JEDI FISH wrote:Well there is the post I was looking for.............a comparison to the Nautilus. I'd love a second Nautilus but they are tough to come by these days. Gary is the Javelin a spot on match or a less powerful version?

If its not a match I think the Valdiva may fill the heavier powered gap between my Leviathan and Nautilus/ NRX 893/ Phase 3 Super Destroyer Combos.
Alright, this has gotten more interesting. I've spent some more time with the Javelin in comparison to my beloved Nautilus. It certainly feels like it has very similar power, a faster taper, and a shorter handle, though plenty long enough for me. I tossed a 1/2 oz skirted jig, finesse oriented as it may have been, and the Javelin is up to the task. It has a faster taper than the Nautilus, and a shorter handle. It handles spinner baits, chatter baits, mid depth cranks (haven't tried deep, but a 6XD won't be a problem) walking baits like a Vixen, and more very well. The Javelin is a winner in my book :D I'll add some photos soon.
zodiak311 wrote:Just got my Daemos today.
Initial impressions, build quality is excellent. Blank is light, responsive, and also powerful. Only negative is that the rod is slightly tip heavy, but not to bad at all. I can't wait to fish it, you can tell it means business, even though it is so pretty. I can see it being perfect for Senkos, T rig, Spinner bait, and Rattle traps. It's going to replace a few of my Champion rods, and hopefully consolidate my collection. 8-)
Interesting observation on the balance. I'll post a photo of the Daemos paired with a Steez SV TW. The balance point is what I would consider almost perfect!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:13 am

It's the dealer stand. it's too small for me :mrgreen:
JEDI FISH wrote:
Gotta ask............Is that your megabass rod stand and where did you get it?

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:35 am

bronzefly wrote:
JEDI FISH wrote:Well there is the post I was looking for.............a comparison to the Nautilus. I'd love a second Nautilus but they are tough to come by these days. Gary is the Javelin a spot on match or a less powerful version?

Alright, this has gotten more interesting. I've spent some more time with the Javelin in comparison to my beloved Nautilus. It certainly feels like it has very similar power, a faster taper, and a shorter handle, though plenty long enough for me. I tossed a 1/2 oz skirted jig, finesse oriented as it may have been, and the Javelin is up to the task. It has a faster taper than the Nautilus, and a shorter handle. It handles spinner baits, chatter baits, mid depth cranks (haven't tried deep, but a 6XD won't be a problem) walking baits like a Vixen, and more very well. The Javelin is a winner in my book :D I'll add some photos soon.
zodiak311 wrote:Just got my Daemos today.
Initial impressions, build quality is excellent. Blank is light, responsive, and also powerful. Only negative is that the rod is slightly tip heavy, but not to bad at all. I can't wait to fish it, you can tell it means business, even though it is so pretty. I can see it being perfect for Senkos, T rig, Spinner bait, and Rattle traps. It's going to replace a few of my Champion rods, and hopefully consolidate my collection. 8-)
Interesting observation on the balance. I'll post a photo of the Daemos paired with a Steez SV TW. The balance point is what I would consider almost perfect!
With a SV103 with no line, it balances right at the front part of the carbon fiber on the foregrip. I like it to be closer to the reel, but with the perfect length of the rear handle, no complaints from me. I can't wait to fish this rod. :big grin:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capesmallie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 am

I ordered a daemos basically expecting a flashier version of the xx Diablo spec r, a new chatter bait rod. I am.very impressed with this rod first off the sensitivity is right on par with the new glx rods if not a little better the action, taper and balance are night and day compared to the xx.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:29 am

Broke in my Valdivia good and proper today. Here is the first fish on it pitching a 1/2 Texas rig craw.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Nice Mark!

Here are a few photos, not the best, but they will work!

Daemos with Steez SV TW

Javelin with I'ze Factory Personal Order

Javelin next to Nautilus

Javelin next to Nautilus

Nautilus, Javelin, Daemos
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm

that balancing pt is pretty freakin good. hard to find something much better unless weight is added to the back, which isn't very aesthetically pleasing, or going custom. thx for the photos

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:40 am

FMJ on the way now too. 8-)

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Just got the Valdivia, 110 special and Addermine from Gary @ the Tackle Trap! Great place to deal with and a very hassle free purchase with top notch service.

My initial impressions are very positive: i love the ergonomic feel of the reel seat, the balance and the typical megabass attention to detail. They also have that super crisp, responsive feel reminiscent of the destroyer X7's which is saying a lot! I feel they got the actions right on these rods - not too fast, not too slow and with the right amount of tip & backbone. These truly are beautiful sticks.

I can't wait to put in some time on the water with these, and if they perform as good as they look I'm likely going to be getting more.

FunInTheSun
Angler
Angler

Post by FunInTheSun » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Debating on trading my XX Diablo spec r for the Daemos.
Do these rods perform similarly or is it too early to tell?
The destroyers are in another league sensitivity wise?

JEDI FISH
Angler
Angler

Post by JEDI FISH » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:56 pm

bronzefly wrote:Nice Mark!

Here are a few photos, not the best, but they will work!

Daemos with Steez SV TW

Javelin next to Nautilus

Javelin next to Nautilus

Nautilus, Javelin, Daemos

Well done Sir....well done. Thank you!

fishindad
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishindad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:Just got the sticks yesterday.

I must be getting old. These pics get me more excited than the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition..

capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capesmallie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 am

FunInTheSun wrote:Debating on trading my XX Diablo spec r for the Daemos.
The daemos feels a little faster to me more crisp too. I have thrown 1/2oz chatterbaits With a 5" paddletail trailer with it no problem. It is very sensitive I was fishing a 3/8 oz finesse jig with it the other day and could feel every piece of gravel. I don't think i would do the same with the xx. I wouldn't hesitate to skip a jig under a dock with the daemos either.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:07 am

fishindad wrote:I must be getting old. These pics get me more excited than the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition..
:lol: :lol:
capesmallie wrote:
FunInTheSun wrote:Debating on trading my XX Diablo spec r for the Daemos.
The daemos feels a little faster to me more crisp too. I have thrown 1/2oz chatterbaits With a 5" paddletail trailer with it no problem. It is very sensitive I was fishing a 3/8 oz finesse jig with it the other day and could feel every piece of gravel. I don't think i would do the same with the xx. I wouldn't hesitate to skip a jig under a dock with the daemos either.
The XX rods are very nice, no doubt. I agree with Chris, the Daemos is faster tapered, more crisp, and it's noticeably more sensitive in my hands than the XX Diablo Spec R. I have a full set of US Destroyer models now and am fishing them as much as I can and loving every minute of it :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap