13 Fishing Defy Black baitcast rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

13 Fishing Defy Black baitcast rods

Post by OhioChamp183 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 am

Ran into some 13 Fishing Defy Black rods today. They were at a local Fins Feathers & Fur store. They are a hek of a deal for $59.99!!!
I like the baitcast models more than the spinning models.
The baitcast models seem to go with the Fugi System guide placement, but the spinning models did not. They could have used a couple more guides.
Not as "crisp" of an action as the Omen Blacks, which is what im looking for in a couple rods i need. They may end up a couple Defys...
I like the 6'7"MH model. Feels like a nice rod for several horizontal type baits like spinnerbaits/squarebills/chatterbaits, and a nice jerkbait rod!
It has a somewhat moderate action to it.

Update:
Grabbed 2 of the Defys today. They let me have them for $49.99 each.
I have the 7'1"MH fast and 6'7"MH fast in the Omen Black 2 models, and they are perfect for what I want them for.
The funny thing is that when I got the 2 Omen models, I thought to myself, " I would love to have these 2 exact rods with a " tad" more moderate action for other techniques....... POW! I found them!
I grabbed the exact models that I own in the Omen lineup, 7'1"MH fast, and the 6'7"MH fast.
So, if anyone owns an Omen Black 2, and wishes they had that exact rod in a tad more moderate action, go get yourself a Defy in the same specs, and you got it!

The 6'7"MH model in the Omen Black will make a great short distant spinnerbait rod, and the 6'7"MH model in the Defy Black will make a great short distance squarebill rod, because of it's tad moderate action for those treble hooks. This rod will also make a great jerkbait rod!

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 13 Fishing Defy Black baitcast rods

Post by OhioChamp183 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:00 am

I know most guys on this site think they need a $300-400 rod to fish with, so I guess this post is for those who can live with fishing with a sub $100 rod. 8-[

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 am

OhioChamp183 wrote:I know most guys on this site think they need a $300-400 rod to fish with, so I guess this post is for those who can live with fishing with a sub $100 rod. 8-[
I'm not in the same league as some on here, but I dont think any of them think they NEED expensive gear. I have reached a stage where I can afford top quality tackle and get great pleasure from using it. Totally different proposition.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:06 pm

i wonder why they don't have the 6'10" m in any of the one 3 models? that would be the rod i'm lookin for

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Good looking rods.

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by OhioChamp183 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:50 am

Jason Penn wrote:i wonder why they don't have the 6'10" m in any of the one 3 models? that would be the rod i'm lookin for
Agree!

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:10 am

Jason Penn wrote:i wonder why they don't have the 6'10" m in any of the one 3 models? that would be the rod i'm lookin for
Not in the one 3 models, but they make the Omen Black 2 in 6'10" medium for $100. I would know because I just broke 5" off the tip of mine yesterday on a back cast with a 1/4oz red eye shad ](*,) . Great rod though that is very versatile. I don't think they'll warranty it because it's ~9 months old so it's not like it was a manufacturer defect, it saw a lot of work last summer.