2017 Daiwa Fuego casting rod impressions

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

2017 Daiwa Fuego casting rod impressions

Post by tditox4 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 am

Anyone have any experience with this new line up of casting rods? I'm looking for any feedback. Quality. Sensitivity, action , power, durability, etc. Thanks.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 2017 Daiwa Fuego casting rod impressions

Post by poisonokie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:13 am

They look nice for the price. That reel seat may not be the most comfortable, but the guides are good quality, though i wouldn't be surprised if they aren't perfectly aligned. The blank is probably pretty stiff and reasonably sensitive, but I wouldn't expect it to be perfectly straight either. I bet they are pretty similar to the discontinued procyon line of rods which were respectable for the money but nothing special in terms of performance. One thing's for sure, even without ever having held one I guarantee they are leaps and bounds beyond an ugly stik or some such crap as that. That said, shelling out an extra $20 for a sale priced DX bass rod would probably not be the worst idea. You still get that full cork handle and better overall components and build quality. Then again, i could be completely wrong. Just something to think about before you decide to become the guinea pig.
This is the way.

jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 2017 Daiwa Fuego casting rod impressions

Post by jte54 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Has any one actually fished one of these rods?????