Question on Broken Megabass Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jtgibso1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Question on Broken Megabass Rod

Post by jtgibso1 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:12 am

So i recently broke a megabass destroyer 2016 bandersnatch rod, on my own doing, like a major DA .... :sick:
i bought it from japan angler and can send it back, use my warranty claim card, pay the fee and then pay shipping back to me. When i do all of this, it's right at the price i paid for the new rod and will no longer be under any kind of warranty. so i'm just not sure that the warranty route is the right way to go.....
question is really what to do with the rod that i have now. it's broken about 8-10 inches down from the tip. is this thing of any value to anyone? i considered stripping the parts and maybe getting a custom built, but in all honesty i probably wouldn't even end up going that route.
any ideas or suggestions on what to do with the rod at this point?
thanks!

gailt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Question on Broken Megabass Rod

Post by gailt » Thu May 04, 2017 1:27 am

I have the same problem I have a pinnacle DH7 that broke about 5 inches above the handle it has great components,I was thinking about having it sleeved and using it as a crappie rod ,but I just don't know whether to go this route ,or not .

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Thu May 04, 2017 4:41 am

i think i'd go with the idea of now having a truly CUSTOM heavy spinnerbait and jig rod. as you said, going the warranty route may not be going to give the value another new bandersnatch purchase would. i'd keep it as is, put a good tip on it and have it for stronger duty. definitely a bummer at any rate.

jtgibso1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jtgibso1 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:30 am

yeah, this just sucks all the way around!

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Mon May 08, 2017 8:26 am

jtgibso1 wrote: is this thing of any value to anyone?
There are guys out there looking for stuff like that. I have one customer that has sent me a half a dozen or so Megabass rods to Frankenstien. I've built new on just the handle, used part of the handle, taken the handle off one rod and put it on another Megabass. There are also guys that are really hot on getting their hands on slantbridge hardware. I've pulled that single piece of hardware off a few rods and built entirely new builds with it.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods