current daiwa reel seat closest to old tds?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

current daiwa reel seat closest to old tds?

Post by Jason Penn » Sun May 14, 2017 7:00 am

of the new daiwa rods, which has the closest feeling seat to the old tds rods? i would really love for them to make those again with a more sensitive blank for the jig/worm models, and possibly balance the crank rods a little better.

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: current daiwa reel seat closest to old tds?

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 am

Don't know what price point you're looking at, but the reel seats on the Steez/Steez XT lines are pretty close, IMHO.

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 am

I'm with ya on that.
Loved the old lt & tds rods, especially the handles.
They're some of the most comfortable I've ever fished. The steez air beam seats are comfortable but shaped much differently than the tds seats are. They're more rounded, there's no blank contact and they lack the flared edges that made the tds seats so nice. The closest I can find are the zillion reel seats, they're similar but more open and slightly more narrow.

jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jte54 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:05 am

The old green handles were the best in my opinion. Also the new tatulas fit better on them than the tatula or zillion rods. However, if you're looking for something like the old light and toughs megabass new rods are almost identical to the seven ft heavy light and tough jig rod. But nothing fits like the old green handles wished they put that reel seat on the tatula xt rods with solid handles for spinnerbait and cranking rods.