Megabass Addermine

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Addermine

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:18 pm

Has anyone used this spinning rod?

If so what do you think, its a beautiful rod but does it fish as good as it looks?

It will be for finesse fishing...

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Addermine

Post by papabassin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:04 am

Here's a few of the comments that there have been about the Addermine so far. You may have read these already, but I thought this could be a good place to have them for others interested in the Addermine as well. Looks like an awesome all around finesse spinning rod. Interested in hearing even more about it as well!
jpmoney wrote:I have the new destroyer Addermine and so far I'm very impressed with it. As others have stated, it is a very versatile spinning rod suitable for MANY techniques and does them all really well. Sensitivity, balance, taper and aesthetics are ALL there with this rod. I have been using it for drop shotting, small 3.8 rhythm wave swimbaits w/1/8 and 1/4oz heads, as well as some shakey head for smallmouth. I love it.
Ham Solo wrote:I've had a couple of different MB spinning rods over the years and my "current" favorite is the new US Destroyer Addermine. The weight, balance, action and sensitivity are all outstanding.
bronzefly wrote:The US Destroyer Addermine has quickly shot up the list of the great Megabass spinning rods in my hands. As much as I love some older and discontinued models such as the Phase III Aaron Martens, the X7 Simoom, and the Hedgehog Evoluzion to name a few, this new Addermine is extremely impressive. It's highly versatile, very comfortable in hand, light, sensitive, and has a surprising reserve power when needed. The Tackle Trap has them in stock and ready to ship of course. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any other questions about this or other Megabass rods.
Kschultz76 wrote:It hasn't gotten much attention here yet, but the Addermine is one sweet little finesse rod. Just got it this week courtesy of my wife and the fine crew at The Tackle Trap. I'm down right amazed at the rod, light as a feather and just perfectly balanced, ergonomics of the reel seat and handle are great. The reel seat and locking nut design are pretty awesome functionally and look sexy.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much it can do but I love the taper so far. It may be even more beautiful then the FMJ just beacause it looks so deceivingly delicate but posses surprising power. Landed about a two pounder on a drop shot 5" senko and had to deadlift the fish several feet to the bank, no sweat.

:D :D :D
bronzefly wrote:Kevin - that Addermine is overlooked and under discussed, I agree. It's a phenomenal "all around" spinning rod for someone who really wants to have a highly versatile, very light, and very sensitive spinning rod. I'm glad you like it.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 am

Excellent, thanks papabassin.

My biggest concern is sensitivity, most my rods are NRX so if the rod is close that would work for me.

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:28 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:Excellent, thanks papabassin.

My biggest concern is sensitivity, most my rods are NRX so if the rod is close that would work for me.
I've just not had enough time on the water with it to make a really clear objective assessment of sensitivity. Also I've never fished an NRX. In my time with it my initial impression is it is likely more sensitive then my St Croix Legend Extreme M/XF spinning rod (recoil guide version). But how much more sensitive is hard to say and is very subjective. I'm sure it's plenty sensitive for me, I know that.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 am

Kschultz76 wrote:

I've just not had enough time on the water with it to make a really clear objective assessment of sensitivity. Also I've never fished an NRX. In my time with it my initial impression is it is likely more sensitive then my St Croix Legend Extreme M/XF spinning rod (recoil guide version). But how much more sensitive is hard to say and is very subjective. I'm sure it's plenty sensitive for me, I know that.
Perfect, got any pics.
How is the cork?

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:17 am

One other thing, are the USA destroyer series made in Japan?

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Kschultz76 wrote:

Perfect, got any pics.
How is the cork?
No complaints about the cork.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:36 pm

I will be ordering this rod soon, finally got some extra coming in..

Right now its between the G Rods Pro Bass and the MB Addermine

@Zander @Cal I'm waiting for the review after icast WTF :big grin:

floriduhfish
Angler
Angler

Post by floriduhfish » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Me too..