Shimano Loomis Conquest rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano Loomis Conquest rods

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:58 am

Hey I have the same combo except mine says NRX....strange

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:59 am

BigG wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:2nd combo
Looks like you need 2 more. Conquest/Conquest = Awesome. =D>
Still waiting on a couple. 903C 904C 842C 843C and 842S

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:24 pm

That is beautiful =D>

Johnbt
Angler
Angler

Post by Johnbt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:00 pm

"Would you consider the 783c (albeit shorter) to be a fit in between a Conquest 843c and 842c? It didn’t feel as stiff as the 843c when I felt it at the last fishing show I attended, yet not as whippy as the 842c. Was curious as to your opinion since you have fished one."

Honestly, I have no way of knowing. I like fishing a MH 6'6" rod and decided I wanted a Conquest. So I ordered one sight unseen. Right now there's a Steez SV TW on it, but I have a new Metanium MGL too.

I spent a few hours last Friday casting a 3/8-oz spinnerbait with a 4" curl tail grub and it was just great. We're trophy hunters. :) The rod has a soft-ish tip and all the backbone I'll ever need. It did well with a couple of 2" squarebills too.

Now I'm thinking I want a 7' MH or H, but I'd be happy with another 783 too. We fish a lot of pads and banks and don't do a lot of long distance casting.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

hows the glue holding up on the conquest reel seats... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
1-2%

Johnbt
Angler
Angler

Post by Johnbt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:59 am

Why? Are you having a problem with yours?

Try a couple of these...

Unimog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Unimog » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:01 pm

That’s good it’s stainless so it doesn’t corrode on you especially in saltwater.

I’m eager to fish the conquests, I have 2 905 and an 842, waiting on a 904 and probably another 842. Probably should try what I have first but I’m pretty sure I’ll like them.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Tigerbass wrote:I wish Loomis would add a little "bling" to their rods. I hate the look of the little cork fore grip. I've always loved their blanks, just not their look.........of course it hasn't exactly stopped me from buying their rods, but I might have a few more if they looked better! :D

And they messed up and let me buy my first Megabass rod, partially because of this. Now Megabass has caught up to Loomis in my arsenal!!! :lol:
I feel you. I quit trying jdm rods after the steez compile x wasn't as impressive as my glx/bcr's back in '08. Granted I'm a rod junkie and will probably end up with a conquest or two....I just think they got this callaboration backwards. If you had a collaboration between Gucci and Dickies....who wouldd you choose to do the styling and which would build the material?

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:27 am

KP Duty wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:I wish Loomis would add a little "bling" to their rods. I hate the look of the little cork fore grip. I've always loved their blanks, just not their look.........of course it hasn't exactly stopped me from buying their rods, but I might have a few more if they looked better! :D

And they messed up and let me buy my first Megabass rod, partially because of this. Now Megabass has caught up to Loomis in my arsenal!!! :lol:
I feel you. I quit trying jdm rods after the steez compile x wasn't as impressive as my glx/bcr's back in '08. Granted I'm a rod junkie and will probably end up with a conquest or two....I just think they got this callaboration backwards. If you had a collaboration between Gucci and Dickies....who wouldd you choose to do the styling and which would build the material?

Gucci and Dickies... :lol: :lol: :lol:

spoonplugger1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by spoonplugger1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:46 pm

I look for performance, could care less about looks. Until we all do the same that little bit of performance, weight reduction, etc. will always elude us. I haven't had a fore grip on a bass rod for over 15 years, for what purpose does it exist?

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:50 pm

Tigerbass wrote:
KP Duty wrote:

Gucci and Dickies... :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's all I have, lol. It's good that Japan has gary's resin so they can start building quality, fast blanks (I know....I'm bitter) In the 2000's it wasn't comparable
My thoughts are with cal and the steez compile x of the time.
Less than impressive compared to glx/le blanks. When did glx graphite come out? Eairly 90's or sooner? Amazing when you think about it.

Johnbt
Angler
Angler

Post by Johnbt » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:21 pm

"I haven't had a fore grip on a bass rod for over 15 years, for what purpose does it exist?"

a) Leverage, to snug down hard on the reel.

b) A good place to really secure a hook.

Or... from http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/f ... 44&start=1

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Steve petty wrote:Fished today with mine. 904c with a Metanium MGL and 15# Tatsu. Caught 16 Spots tonight,biggest around 3. 3/16 shakeyhead with trick worm. Little overkill,got it for t-rig and jigs,but couldn’t resist fishing with it today. Wicked sensitive,can’t wait to go to Chickamauga this weekend!
Commonly that sounds like a heavier rod than you would use for that bait, however....the bfl here in Oklahoma was won in November by a dude throwing a spook on a 7'8" xh rod and a trick worn on a mh (1/4-1oz) rod with 20lb floro.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:24 am

Does anyone else prefer the look of the NRX to these? I like the split grip and the non x wrapped look far more. While I’m excited for the tapers, I don’t prefer the look. And I would rather my blank be handmade in Woodland as opposed to factory built in Asia...

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Samuel_b wrote:Does anyone else prefer the look of the NRX to these? I like the split grip and the non x wrapped look far more. While I’m excited for the tapers, I don’t prefer the look. And I would rather my blank be handmade in Woodland as opposed to factory built in Asia...
I like the color of the wraps on the blue NRX better. My Conquest blue color looks kinda teal or like a yellow tone was added to the blue wraps. The Spiral X looks sweet and makes the rod more snappy than the NRX.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing