Tatula original vs. Cronos vs. Tatula Elite 7'6" ML

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula original vs. Cronos vs. Tatula Elite 7'6" ML

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Any opinions on these three rod lines in the 7'6" spinning models both F and XF? What does each excel at and what is the best rod of the bunch (yes I know the Elite has AGS guides) but I mean blank, actions, etc. and higher end graphite technology compared to each other. Thank you!

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula original vs. Cronos vs. Tatula Elite 7'6" ML

Post by big_gee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:14 pm

The Signature Series were built off of the Cronos line but has upgraded components. I am in the process of ordering the 7'6" Signature Series. The signature series seem a little stiffer to me and lighter obviously because the AGS guides. I have the Cronos and absolutely love them. Where it excels for me is the ned rig and small swimbaits, anything from a 1/20 to 1/8 oz with 6lb floro. I also fish small swimbaits like the ZMan Slim Swimz on 1/10 oz heads. I will fish these all the way do to 30 feet. It will cast a mile and the longer rod allows for good hook sets. I tend to use the fast for small swim moving baits and the extra fast for ned rigs. Just my personal preference. Like I have said before ever since I got the Cronos my Tatulas don't get much use.

The guys I fish with has the Cronos 7'6" XF and he loves it for dropshotting, braid to floro.

665 almostevil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tatula original vs. Cronos vs. Tatula Elite 7'6" ML

Post by 665 almostevil » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:54 am

if you like to fish a hair jig the Cronos is a great rod for that. has great tip and with the right line and sized reel can cast a very light hair 3/32 or smaller jig further then most. has some strong backbone after the first 4 guides or so more on the medium side.