Best hollow body frog rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Best hollow body frog rod

Post by civicrr » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:44 pm

The Champion 735 is still my favorite frog stick. Sierra 735 is pretty darn good too.

I've tried some more expensive sticks but they didn't help me catch more fish. Besides, I find it hard to pay that much for a frog stick.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:34 am

Teal101 wrote:
M Perry wrote:In case no one has mentioned it I will say the Megabass Orochi XX Perfect Pitch..... :big grin: ......the MB US Destroyer Valdivia is another great choice.
Mark, how does the Levante PP compare to the XX PP? Have a buddy in need of a new frog rod, but doesnt quite have the XX budget.

The Levante PP will work just fine as a frog rod.Actually its extremely versatile or many presentations. It has the backbone needed to horse them out of thick cover but at the same time is not like casting a broomstick. I feel my hookup ratio is pretty good using the Levante with most hollow body frogs. I think he will be satisfied with that model for sure.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm

M Perry wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
M Perry wrote:In case no one has mentioned it I will say the Megabass Orochi XX Perfect Pitch..... :big grin: ......the MB US Destroyer Valdivia is another great choice.
Mark, how does the Levante PP compare to the XX PP? Have a buddy in need of a new frog rod, but doesnt quite have the XX budget.

The Levante PP will work just fine as a frog rod.Actually its extremely versatile or many presentations. It has the backbone needed to horse them out of thick cover but at the same time is not like casting a broomstick. I feel my hookup ratio is pretty good using the Levante with most hollow body frogs. I think he will be satisfied with that model for sure.
Good, because he bought one yesterday :lol:
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Curious on a showdown on th pp vs the xbd.