Comparable rod to x7 super eiger

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Comparable rod to x7 super eiger

Post by BlaineFred » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm getting interested in the MB rods, but the terminology is confusing.

Is the Hein the same as the Destroyer?

I was impressed by the versatility described here, and that's why I'm interested, especially the ability to cast light lures.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:36 am

There are two destroyer lines out right now one is the 2016 japan series jdm which includes the hein and there 2017 usdm destroyer which has different models. Not sure if this helps.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 am

BlaineFred wrote:I'm getting interested in the MB rods, but the terminology is confusing.

Is the Hein the same as the Destroyer?

I was impressed by the versatility described here, and that's why I'm interested, especially the ability to cast light lures.
First there are the different rod series, i.e. 2016 JDM Destroyer, Destroyer X7, Orochi XX, Orochi X4, Evoluzion, etc.

In most every series, each rod is given a name, i.e. Hein, Faust, Mephisto, Destruction, etc.

Each rod gets let's call it a number system, i.e. F3-610X, F3-65XK, F5-72XGBJ --- The F stands for Force or Power (0 being the lightest). The next 2 or 3 numbers dictates length. The last portion gives you casting vs spinning, often the rod series, and possibly some indication about blank material.

F5-72XGBJ -- 7'2" 5 Power Casting rod in the Black Jungle series with a glass/composite blank material (Deep Throat Custom)
F3-610X4S -- 6'10" 3 Power Spinning rod in the Orochi X4 series (Aaron Martens Limited)
F5.5-70Ti -- 7'0" 5.5 Power Casting Rod in the Evoluzion series (Super Diablo-II)

It's hard to cover everything, but I hope this helps give you a good idea of how to distinguish the many different Megabass rods out there...both currently in production and some of the hard to find classics.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 am

Many thanks for the clarification, papa.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:36 am

A few folks have asked, and the 2016 JDM Destroyer F3-610X Hein is back in stock at The Tackle Trap!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap