ALX Zolo Toadface

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

ALX Zolo Toadface

Post by Rodster14 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:42 am

Anybody use this rod? If so, what are your thoughts?

rich in co
Angler
Angler

Re: ALX Zolo Toadface

Post by rich in co » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:48 am

It's a sweet rod very versatile also it snaps a frog around no problem, can handle senko's also, I use it primarily as a finesse jig rod 5/16 ish. i liked it so much picked up a Dragger and my next purchase is the deputy or thinking of trying a G rod in 7ft they have peaked my interest also

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:57 pm

I don't have the Toadface, but I have the Deputy and Dragger, which are on either side of it. One being a bit lighter, the other being heavier. If it's anything like the others, it'll be a great rod. One thing about them is that they seem to fish a little slower than some other manufacturers "fast" action. I've actually given up on using the Deputy for plastics, for that reason. Though, it's a fantastic spinnerbait and small crankbait rod. The Dragger is a bit stiffer and seems a little faster. If the Toadface is anything like it, but a tad softer, it should be excellent for frogging.

Traybird
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Traybird » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:35 am

It is probably the most versatile rod in the line up. it will do senkos, to frogging. Its great for a trap and you can light pitch with it. Highly recommend this rod!