shimano expride A

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

shimano expride A

Post by timinmo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 pm

So I know this is vague. Does anyone have any experience or impressions of the Expride series of rods from Shimano. Particularly the Expride A series. My request stems from a prior purchase of a Jackall Adrena which I love and am wondering if the Expride will be similar. I am able to get them at a good price but would have to purchase another Adrena off a auction site.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: shimano expride A

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Blanks are very similar in power and nature. Less sensitive and not as light though. The new Exprides are more in line with typical Usdm powers and actions.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: shimano expride A

Post by reason162 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:58 pm

timinmo wrote:So I know this is vague. Does anyone have any experience or impressions of the Expride series of rods from Shimano. Particularly the Expride A series. My request stems from a prior purchase of a Jackall Adrena which I love and am wondering if the Expride will be similar. I am able to get them at a good price but would have to purchase another Adrena off a auction site.
I can only compare it to the Zodias, and it's certainly a huge step up in terms of weight/balance/sensitivity. I got the 6'8 MH, will be picking up more.