Megabass Levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
spoon2610
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass Levante

Post by spoon2610 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:45 pm

Im getting my first Megabass Rods this weekend. Im a Dobyns guy all around. Im not too sure on which Megabass rod to get.
I'm looking at the Extreme Mission type F or the Tour Versatile. Im planning to use the rod for swim jigs, jigs, small 5" swimbaits, and senkos. I have the Dobyns 736cb Glass for my chatterbaits. ANy input would be very cool.
Thanks
TT Fam

Levante Casting Rods 7'5" Extreme Mission Type F
F5-75C - Extreme Mission Type: F - The F5-75C is built both for bombing casts and accurate close-quarters pitching. Its 7'5" length and fast taper loads quickly and smoothly for explosive hooksets and control. Ideally suited for vibration baits, vibrating swim jigs, jigs, and light Texas-rigs.

Levante Casting Rod 7' Tour Versatile
F6-70C - Tour Versatile - The F6-70C is built to inspire confidence and control. Designed with a fast taper for casting and pitching jigs and worms to cover, the smooth loading blank is also ideally suited for larger topwaters and frogs.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass Levante

Post by poot04 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

I have levante flat side special and I really like it for mid range cranks. I also have orochi xx perfect pitch which is a sweet rod for pitching, bottom contact as well as frogs. If you can swing the extra $100 I would advise you to go with the orochi xx line for anything bottom contact and levante for moving baits. I also have xxx chimaera which I would put right in the middle of the two lines.

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass Levante

Post by kstephes033 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 am

As stated above i would spring for the extra $ if possible and get an Orochi XX. You can usually find them used for a good price. For what you are throwing i would say either the EMTF or the Diablo. The PP would be too stiff for throwing moving baits. The EMTF is a bit more suited to the 5" swimbaits as it has a tad more power than the Diablo IMO. I would say that is the right call. Also the extra length helps with both getting good distance, as well as being able to set the hook properly on a full cast with any of the baits mentioned. A jig will be able to be fished on the EMTF, again i think the Diablo may be just a little light for a jig above 3/8oz.