Please help me choose a new rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Ek4297
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Please help me choose a new rod

Post by Ek4297 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 am

Hi guys
I'm looking for a 2pcs ML casting rod and I've come across 3 interesting rods:
1.PALMS ELUA NEW Molla MSGC-65ML2F
2.JACKSON BASTARD BTC-642ML
3.Major Craft Speed Style SSC-642ML
I can't decide which one to get, any of you who has experience with these rods please help me out.
Thank you

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Please help me choose a new rod

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Here ya go. Allow me to muddy the waters a little more -

http://tailwalk.jp/english/bass/fullrangecc/

C64ML

I'm going to assume that all these blanks will be quite similar, in that there won't be a lot of distinct separation in terms of feel and liveliness. I'd choose based on which one tickles your fancy the most :big grin:

Ek4297
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Ek4297 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Here ya go. Allow me to muddy the waters a little more -

http://tailwalk.jp/english/bass/fullrangecc/

C64ML

I'm going to assume that all these blanks will be quite similar, in that there won't be a lot of distinct separation in terms of feel and liveliness. I'd choose based on which one tickles your fancy the most :big grin:
thank you for your reply it's really a nice looking rod but I prefer tubular tip over solid tip. I've got my hands on a solid tip rod couple of times but in my opinion the tubular tip feels better.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Honestly, I'm looking for a 2 piece Jdm medium light rod as well. I'm going to get an Olympic Graphiteleader Veloce RV. I'll post a link in a bit. Most of my rods are custom, and knowing what I'm getting in a blank means a lot to me. Olympic Graphiteleader is the only Jdm rod company they know of that rolls their own blanks. Plus the rod is manufactured in Japan (A lot of others are not) . They have some really detailed information regarding materials used on their website including a scrim made from Kevlar. So that's a big plus in my book. Not to mention they make all the blanks for Evergreen - That saying a lot. Evergreen is pricey. With Olympic Graphiteleader your getting the same great blanks without all the added bling in the build. These particular rods utilize Fuji Alconites, where as most the others use SICs with relatively cheap blanks. I'd rather have the Alconites and a better blank. Just another option. I believe Olympic Graphiteleader is considered the Loomis of Japan in terms of rod blanks. These rods are over priced on Ebay, however you can get them for less than 200 bucks from Rakuten market. Again, they are about the same price as the other rods you have listed, but it's because they use lesser expensive components. I've never had a problem with Alconites. They work just dandy. I'm actually pretty excited to see how crisp and lively these blanks feel. People rave about Evergreen rods, so hopefully the Veloce RV is super nice.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:48 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Honestly, I'm looking for a 2 piece Jdm medium light rod as well. I'm going to get an Olympic Graphiteleader Veloce RV. I'll post a link in a bit. Most of my rods are custom, and knowing what I'm getting in a blank means a lot to me. Olympic Graphiteleader is the only Jdm rod company they know of that rolls their own blanks. Plus the rod is manufactured in Japan (A lot of others are not) . They have some really detailed information regarding materials used on their website including a scrim made from Kevlar. So that's a big plus in my book. Not to mention they make all the blanks for Evergreen - That saying a lot. Evergreen is pricey. With Olympic Graphiteleader your getting the same great blanks without all the added bling in the build. These particular rods utilize Fuji Alconites, where as most the others use SICs with relatively cheap blanks. I'd rather have the Alconites and a better blank. Just another option. I believe Olympic Graphiteleader is considered the Loomis of Japan in terms of rod blanks. These rods are over priced on Ebay, however you can get them for less than 200 bucks from Rakuten market. Again, they are about the same price as the other rods you have listed, but it's because they use lesser expensive components. I've never had a problem with Alconites. They work just dandy. I'm actually pretty excited to see how crisp and lively these blanks feel. People rave about Evergreen rods, so hopefully the Veloce RV is super nice.
I almost purchased the Veloce Bambino ML 10 years ago. It was marketed as a kids/beginner 6' ML RF casting rod - before the term BFS became popular. I wish they offered more models and lengths like Major Craft.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:13 pm

-Boris-
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by -Boris- » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Not to mention they make all the blanks for Evergreen - That saying a lot. Evergreen is pricey. With Olympic Graphiteleader your getting the same great blanks without all the added bling in the build.
That's quite interesting. Are you sure? And where did you get this information?
Hogsticker2 wrote:These particular rods utilize Fuji Alconites, where as most the others use SICs with relatively cheap blanks. I'd rather have the Alconites and a better blank.
That's also my opinion.
More pictures: https://www.instagram.com/addicted_to_baitcaster/

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:33 pm

-Boris- wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Not to mention they make all the blanks for Evergreen - That saying a lot. Evergreen is pricey. With Olympic Graphiteleader your getting the same great blanks without all the added bling in the build.
That's quite interesting. Are you sure? And where did you get this information?
Hogsticker2 wrote:These particular rods utilize Fuji Alconites, where as most the others use SICs with relatively cheap blanks. I'd rather have the Alconites and a better blank.
That's also my opinion.
Yep, I'm sure. My source is a top secret JDM enthusiast agent :big grin:

-Boris-
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by -Boris- » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:49 pm

:lol: Okay. 8-)
More pictures: https://www.instagram.com/addicted_to_baitcaster/

Ek4297
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Ek4297 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Guys thank you for all your replies I just went for Major Craft because of the availability and it's matching my Zillion but Olympic Graphiteleader Veloce RV will be my next rod for sure maybe the GLVRC-632LML for BFS setup.

faheem96
Angler
Angler

Post by faheem96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:09 am

Go get the veloce rv. Damn worth it. Weighs only 89 grams. I got one 632lml. Handle a 5kg toman with ease.