replacement suggestion

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: replacement suggestion

Post by Dexter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Hey Bronzefly...my bad...the rod is a Super 0rochi F-5 68x4. I'll give you a call at the Trap.

masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by masterbass » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 pm

I use my xx jerk bait special for those baits.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:06 am

I'm really partial to the Hein. I think it fits in this scenario nicely especially if the Adrena fishes lighter than the stated Medium power and the OP was already very happy with it. The Hein has a very unique taper. It handles 1/2oz hardbaits with a sensation that's really hard to explain when both casting and working them. I throw 1/2oz poppers and jerkbaits on the Hein all the time, but its actually very versatile. Like Gary said, I'm not sure I'd necessarily want to flirt with the Hein around pads in Florida with 10 pounders swimming around every corner..but up north where I fish it has the backbone to get the job done in my opinion.

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:30 am

Ended up with an expride A 6'6" med power. Really tempted by the mega cyclone. Problem we have here is there aren't any mega dealers around my area. For their price point, I'd like to handle the rod with a reel on it before pulling the trigger. Anyway, also picked up a themis (thank you Matthew). Replace one broken rod with 2....now that's the TT way.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Dexter wrote:Ended up with an expride A 6'6" med power. Really tempted by the mega cyclone. Problem we have here is there aren't any mega dealers around my area. For their price point, I'd like to handle the rod with a reel on it before pulling the trigger. Anyway, also picked up a themis (thank you Matthew). Replace one broken rod with 2....now that's the TT way.
X2 on the TT way.