What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by Bass1980 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 am

Megabass F2.5-611X7 Power House. Amazing rod.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by domthewon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Megabass Arms gin fizz f3-610x with a Jdm complex ci4+. I prefer bfs rods though.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by leggomye990 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:56 pm

I think I'll be adding a Steez AGS 76 M/ML to my collection too.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by leggomye990 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:02 pm

domthewon wrote:Megabass Arms gin fizz f3-610x with a Jdm complex ci4+. I prefer bfs rods though.
Does that rod seriously have real wood handle? :shock:

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by domthewon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 pm

leggomye990 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Megabass Arms gin fizz f3-610x with a Jdm complex ci4+. I prefer bfs rods though.
Does that rod seriously have real wood handle? :shock:
Yup. Reel is cool doesn’t do the rod justice though.
Attachments
467A6ACD-BD06-4012-A14C-3EB2E7AFEA86.jpeg
467A6ACD-BD06-4012-A14C-3EB2E7AFEA86.jpeg (83.6 KiB) Viewed 2850 times

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:11 am

leggomye990 wrote:I think I'll be adding a Steez AGS 76 M/ML to my collection too.
That's the Steez rod I've heard the most positive stuff about. I would personally go NRX or Conquest for that coin but that rod I heard has a really nice action. (Could be the shorter dropshot rod but either way heard they were nice sticks)

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:18 am

domthewon wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Megabass Arms gin fizz f3-610x with a Jdm complex ci4+. I prefer bfs rods though.
Does that rod seriously have real wood handle? :shock:
Yup. Reel is cool doesn’t do the rod justice though.

Thats so beautiful

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:22 am

Samuel_b wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:I think I'll be adding a Steez AGS 76 M/ML to my collection too.
That's the Steez rod I've heard the most positive stuff about. I would personally go NRX or Conquest for that coin but that rod I heard has a really nice action. (Could be the shorter dropshot rod but either way heard they were nice sticks)

yup, I've heard some mixed things about the Steez AGS. I was about to get it 2 years ago until a lot of people were saying the NRX is better, more sensitive, balances better. etc. I ended up with the NRX 852s a few years ago, and now just because it's winter and I'm bored, what better thing to do than to sit here and browse this forum to come up with a list of more stuff I dont need :lol:

seems to be the annual trend around this time for me

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:03 am

leggomye990 wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:I think I'll be adding a Steez AGS 76 M/ML to my collection too.
That's the Steez rod I've heard the most positive stuff about. I would personally go NRX or Conquest for that coin but that rod I heard has a really nice action. (Could be the shorter dropshot rod but either way heard they were nice sticks)

yup, I've heard some mixed things about the Steez AGS. I was about to get it 2 years ago until a lot of people were saying the NRX is better, more sensitive, balances better. etc. I ended up with the NRX 852s a few years ago, and now just because it's winter and I'm bored, what better thing to do than to sit here and browse this forum to come up with a list of more stuff I dont need :lol:

seems to be the annual trend around this time for me
lmaoo well if you get it a report on if it's worth the coin would be nice!

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by domthewon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:34 pm

leggomye990 wrote:
domthewon wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Megabass Arms gin fizz f3-610x with a Jdm complex ci4+. I prefer bfs rods though.
Does that rod seriously have real wood handle? :shock:
Yup. Reel is cool doesn’t do the rod justice though.

Thats so beautiful
Thank you. It's the most balanced rod I own. The handle is actually very functional. Fun to fish.

User avatar
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4216
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Expride 7' light with stella 2500s

User avatar
TravisNY
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 pm
Location: WV

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by TravisNY » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:14 pm

domthewon wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Megabass Arms gin fizz f3-610x with a Jdm complex ci4+. I prefer bfs rods though.
Does that rod seriously have real wood handle? :shock:
Yup. Reel is cool doesn’t do the rod justice though.

Gorgeous sir. Being a spin/smallie guy I probably just need to cut to the chase and add a couple. Thanks for the motivation.
In Fisherman Midwest Finesse
Carolina Fishing Tackle
Costa
Duo Realis
Pro Cure
Simms
ZMan

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by domthewon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:12 pm

TravisNY wrote:
domthewon wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:
domthewon wrote:Megabass Arms gin fizz f3-610x with a Jdm complex ci4+. I prefer bfs rods though.
Does that rod seriously have real wood handle? :shock:
Yup. Reel is cool doesn’t do the rod justice though.

Gorgeous sir. Being a spin/smallie guy I probably just need to cut to the chase and add a couple. Thanks for the motivation.
My pleasure.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: San Francisco/Bay area

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by DrPerf » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 am

OG Daiwa Steez STZ 681MLFSA Compile-X paired with an OG Steez 2508 or 2500
My first "high-end" rod (2008) and I still love it!
This Compile-X rod is extremely sensitive in my hands and able to handle fish.
Caught my previous personal best, 7.98#, with it.

Conquest 902S paired with a Shimano Stella 3000FE
Fished the Conquest side-by-side with my NRX 902S for a couple of months.
The Conquest lives up to the positive reviews; as sensitive as the NRX
with better casting (distance and precision) and fish handling even thought it is feels lighter than the NRX.

Doc

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Re: What’s your Finesse spinning rod?

Post by reason162 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:21 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:Expride 7' light with stella 2500s
Just picked up a 6'10ML from Gary at TT...it was in stock for about 8 hours lol. Any chance you have that one to compare to the 7'L? The 610ML, fwiw, is exactly what I'm looking for in a finesse spinning rod, 4 - 6lb line.

And I see a lot of Stellas paired to Exprides in Japanese videos...seems to be their workhorse rods over there.

Post Reply