Tatula Elite (non AGS) vs. Cronos spinning

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula Elite (non AGS) vs. Cronos spinning

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Looking into the 7' ML non AGS Elite vs. the Cronos. I can get the Cronos for $130 shipped. What are the differences between the SVF and HVF graphite? What is the better material? Any experience with either/both of these models? Thanks!

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula Elite (non AGS) vs. Cronos spinning

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:23 pm

the svf is much better than the hvf. the ratio of resin to fiber is greater in the hvf than the svf making the cronos slightly heavier and some what less sensitive
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:17 am

jwfflipper14 wrote:the svf is much better than the hvf. the ratio of resin to fiber is greater in the hvf than the svf making the cronos slightly heavier and some what less sensitive
Do you have them both/have fished them both?

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:54 am

I have both in casting but they are different models so they fish differently. Plus the Elite I have has AGS guides.

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:47 pm

adam lancia wrote:
jwfflipper14 wrote:the svf is much better than the hvf. the ratio of resin to fiber is greater in the hvf than the svf making the cronos slightly heavier and some what less sensitive
yes I have that's why I'm saying the SVF is better. The Tatula Elites are even better than the Cronos rods because of the SVF graphite to resin content plus a different modulus of graphite if I remember right. Thats way the Cronos is listed under the Tat Elites
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:17 am

jwfflipper14 wrote:
adam lancia wrote:
yes I have that's why I'm saying the SVF is better. The Tatula Elites are even better than the Cronos rods because of the SVF graphite to resin content plus a different modulus of graphite if I remember right. Thats way the Cronos is listed under the Tat Elites
Thanks for the feedback. I'mlooking for a hairjig rod and want something sensitive since the bites will probably be really light. I'll look at the Elite line as well.

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:55 am

I have the cronos 7'6" m/ml ST with the solid tip for a hair jig rod. It's plenty sensitive for doing that. I have been told the solid tip is fragile and can't take abuse in rod lockers but I have not had an issue as of yet.