Do I need a Oneten Special?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Do I need a Oneten Special?

Post by leggomye990 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 am

Do I need a oneten stick?
Been trying to convince or convince not to get myself a Destroyer Oneten special. Currently using a Poison Adrena 1610M for jerkbaits.

Anyone here that fishes the two rods? If I have a 1610m do I need a oneten special????

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Do I need a Oneten Special?

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 am

Do you want it? Do you have the resources?

I always say yes if it's in reason. I've enjoyed having a few different style jerkbait rods, 7'M moderate and then a shorter 6'6" faster action; both have benefits and I enjoy both.

Only live once and then this is all gone, I say get it.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 am

DirtyD64 wrote:Do you want it? Do you have the resources?

I always say yes if it's in reason. I've enjoyed having a few different style jerkbait rods, 7'M moderate and then a shorter 6'6" faster action; both have benefits and I enjoy both.

Only live once and then this is all gone, I say get it.

:lol:

This is exact thought.
But just curious to see if anyone had fished both these rods and if theres a good reason to get the Oneten special if I already have a 1610m PA

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 am

leggomye990 wrote:Do I need a oneten stick?
Been trying to convince or convince not to get myself a Destroyer Oneten special. Currently using a Poison Adrena 1610M for jerkbaits.

Anyone here that fishes the two rods? If I have a 1610m do I need a oneten special????
the Adrena is hell of a stick for jerkbaits. unless you need a shorter handle i owuldnt change.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:09 am

cndbasshunter wrote: the Adrena is hell of a stick for jerkbaits. unless you need a shorter handle i owuldnt change.

Well said, so aside from the handle length, theres not really a reason to own both these rods.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 am

Are both of these rods fast action? For some reason I thought the Megabass stick mentioned was more of a moderate action... Oops. And that's the only one I have ever used of these two, now I'm really confused.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:20 am

DirtyD64 wrote:Are both of these rods fast action? For some reason I thought the Megabass stick mentioned was more of a moderate action... Oops. And that's the only one I have ever used of these two, now I'm really confused.

I think the oneten rod is a fast taper, and the 1610M is a regular fast I believe? :-k

DelcoSol
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DelcoSol » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:41 am

I have that same Adrena with a Core 50 on it. I can't imagine a better jerkbait setup. Get a different Destroyer for your arsenal.

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am

The oneten special is a fast taper the oneten stick is a moderate taper. Just depends on what your preference for a jerkbait rod is.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 pm

The Adrena is certainly capable as you well know. Do you "need" the Destroyer OneTen Special? :lol: It's an awesome rod overall that I use year round. I've been throwing square bills paralleling rock lately with it and it's awesome for that application. Soon, I'll have a top water tied on it \:D/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:21 pm

bronzefly wrote:The Adrena is certainly capable as you well know. Do you "need" the Destroyer OneTen Special? :lol: It's an awesome rod overall that I use year round. I've been throwing square bills paralleling rock lately with it and it's awesome for that application. Soon, I'll have a top water tied on it \:D/

Lol. yah I guess I dont really "need" one. I just wanted to have all MB on deck to cover all my styles. :lol:

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 pm

bronzefly wrote:The Adrena is certainly capable as you well know. Do you "need" the Destroyer OneTen Special? :lol: It's an awesome rod overall that I use year round. I've been throwing square bills paralleling rock lately with it and it's awesome for that application. Soon, I'll have a top water tied on it \:D/
So, how do the oneten special and oneten stick compare to each other?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:24 pm

spencerinstl wrote:
So, how do the oneten special and oneten stick compare to each other?
The C40, the X4, the XXX? Generally, all three of those are shorter and much more moderate in action than the US Destroyer. The US Destroyer is a crisp, nimble rod that I really enjoy using for all kinds of applications, even some lighter single hook stuff. All three of the others are much shorter, 6'5" if I recall correctly, slower action, nice sticks in their own way. The C40 being the highest end of them all, but the claw fore grip on that particular model bothered my hand unlike other C40's with claw fore grips. The X4 has a great load characteristic for tossing 110's and keeps fish buttoned nicely. The XXX being the least expensive option is a really nice rod for the 110 and other treble baits too, much closer to the X4 version of course than the US Destroyer. Hope that helps some.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have the X4 Oneten Stick. Love it for 110's and 1/2 oz topwaters.