Tak tat elite crank rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tak tat elite crank rod?

Post by Jason Penn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am

Anyone messed with the 7' elite crank rod? I really love the old 7' mh tds rod for spinnerbaits, but I'm looking for something a bit more balanced to decrease wrist fatigue.

jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tak tat elite crank rod?

Post by jte54 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:56 pm

I haven't fished this rods but it feels a bit stiffer than the old TDS rods its based off of. Feels lighter and more balanced than the old green handles.

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:24 pm

I have this rod and it is a very good rod! And depending on which TDS crankbait rod you have ( med or mdhvy) the new Tak rod is stiffer because his 7-00 is a medhvy. I actually like the way the TDS rod handle feels compared to the new one, I'm a cork guy but it hasn't hindered my casting in anyway. In one of the videos Tak says the rods are basically the same except for updated components. There maybe a difference in weight buy I don't feel it because of the reels that I have on each. The TDS rod has a original TDS 100PI 5.1 and the TAK rod has a Tatula 5.4 reel so they pretty much even out.

I think you will be happy with the new rod!!

Jeff
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:26 am

Thanks guys. I have the 7' mh & a 6'6 m in the tds rods. I would think the newer model probably feels a little stiffer/faster due yo lighter guides. I've always been pretty amazed at the wide range the mh can handle.