Tatula Elite Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Tatula Elite Rods

Post by bassm1n » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 am

Anyone using these. I am interested in where they balance, are they tip heavy, what is the weight like, how is the sensitivity etc... The usual stuff. In particular I am looking at the Ehler 7'3 all purpose rod to try out. Alternatively, the Monroe AGS 7'4 frog rod.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula Elite Rods

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:32 pm

I won't be of great service, but I own the 6'9 top water rod. I have a T3 1016 on it, and it balances right on the front of the hood. As for sensitivity, obviously this particular rod won't be the best to judge by. If I were to purchase a rod, looking for sensitivity, I'd wait for the new Tatula. I think paint degrades the potential of any blank. The new Tatula also uses Daiwas SVF tech, but will be unsanded (I believe), and won't have all the top coating. As for weight, the Elites are plenty light, but again, ditch the paint.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:58 am

I have the Brent Ehler rod.
Pm me your questions. It’s a great rod for what I do. The action is different and took a minute for me to get use to.
I have mine paired with a sv reel that I put a Steez face plate on and 7:.9:1 gears with a megabass honeycomb spool.
Simply a pleasure combo
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:I won't be of great service, but I own the 6'9 top water rod. I have a T3 1016 on it, and it balances right on the front of the hood. As for sensitivity, obviously this particular rod won't be the best to judge by. If I were to purchase a rod, looking for sensitivity, I'd wait for the new Tatula. I think paint degrades the potential of any blank. The new Tatula also uses Daiwas SVF tech, but will be unsanded (I believe), and won't have all the top coating. As for weight, the Elites are plenty light, but again, ditch the paint.
Any pics of the T3 1016 on the Tatula Elite?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:46 pm

LowRange wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:I won't be of great service, but I own the 6'9 top water rod. I have a T3 1016 on it, and it balances right on the front of the hood. As for sensitivity, obviously this particular rod won't be the best to judge by. If I were to purchase a rod, looking for sensitivity, I'd wait for the new Tatula. I think paint degrades the potential of any blank. The new Tatula also uses Daiwas SVF tech, but will be unsanded (I believe), and won't have all the top coating. As for weight, the Elites are plenty light, but again, ditch the paint.
Any pics of the T3 1016 on the Tatula Elite?
Yes, but I need a computer to post pics. The T3 has a Steez A handle with silver SLP knobs. Looks incredible, like it was made for the Tatula Elite

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm

PM sent
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Got it. Thanks.