Jig Rod Recomendation

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jbabin193
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Jig Rod Recomendation

Post by jbabin193 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:46 am

I took this pic for another member to help show the loading characteristics of the MH. This is the new Z-bone MH 7' model. Was a little hard to capture by myself, but if it helps anyone out... here ya go. It's labeled modified fast, to me its between fast and moderate fast if that makes any sense.

dr14
Angler
Angler

Post by dr14 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:23 pm

I can't see the pic, trying to figure out if it's just my computer.

jiggerjake
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jiggerjake » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:36 am

[quote="jbabin193"]I took this pic for another member to help show the loading characteristics of the MH. This is the new Z-bone MH 7' model. Was a little hard to capture by myself, but if it helps anyone out... here ya go. It's labeled modified fast, to me its between fast and moderate fast if that makes any sense.

The pic was for me,thanks again. I received my 7'3" mh last Friday. I would say you are spot-on with your assessment of this rods action. It's exactly what I was looking for.Still hard water here but playing around with it in the yard it's been great for everything from pitching weightless Senko's to 1/2 oz. football jig and trailer.Super light and very well balanced on my Tatula.
The rod is rated up to 3/4oz but personally I don't think Id'e use anything over 1/2oz with it.Can't wait to get it out on the water and I'm already thinking about another 7'3"mh or the l/mh.
As far as the rod length goes,the blank section is less than 1in. longer than my 7'1" NRX 853.The rest(1 3/4in) is in the handle so I'm glad I went with the 7'3" over the 7'.

jbabin193
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jbabin193 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:24 am

That's great, glad I could help. I wish I would have paid more attention to the handle length increase... i would have went with the 7'-3" model as well.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
freelancer27 wrote:
Revofisher wrote:i never owned the previous generation z bones but The new 7'3 hvy moderate is a pretty powerful stick. i liked it for pitching jigs 1/2 oz and up. when it came to using casting jigs i liked the 7'6 med hvy z bone that one is prob my favorite for 3/8 oz - 1/2 oz its listed as up to an 1oz rating but i wouldnt personally throw 1oz with the med hvy.
+1 this is a great 1/2oz Jig rod!!! LIght and super sensitive!
I haven't tried the new Xray HM blanks yet but they told me at Kistler that the Heavy is a true meatstick with a heavy tip. So I'm thinking MH too
Kistler makes their own mandrels (tool to roll/shape blanks) and send those to NFC to make the blank. Kistler could have more tip/backbone in his designs.

I know the SJ 736 sboulnd be a heavy. Its on the lighter side of MH in my opinion, at least in the tip
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

jdbassman32
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jdbassman32 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:43 am

Check out the Megabass FMJ it is a sweet jig rod.