Megabass Destroyer Addermine vs G Loomis NRX 852S JWR

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer Addermine vs G Loomis NRX 852S JWR

Post by bronzefly » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:51 pm

BigG wrote:Bought an Addermine this winter, yet to get on the water. Thinking of adding a NRX 852S. Which is better for shakey heads and which is better for drop shots? The Steez AGS 7 1/2" has been highly recommended also.
The Steez AGS 76MML is an absolutely incredible rod and has very much impressed me after a lot of time on the water, but that's for another thread. Dan, shoot me a PM or we'll talk about that rod. In terms of which is better for DS vs SH between Addermine and NRX 852s, I'd take Addermine as a purely DS rod and NRX 852s as purely a SH rod focused on those two techniques. The Addermine is more versatile in my hands, but NRX 852s is a spectacular light bottom contact rod - t-rigs, light jigs, shakey heads, etc.
Kschultz76 wrote:I throw 5” weightless senkos on my Addermine with 8lb test Tatsu, no problem. Rod handles them well in my experience. I really love my Addermine.
Kevin - I agree 100% - I have no problem fishing a 5" Senko with the Addermine so long as it's not around heavy cover. Open water, target casting, etc. the Addermine is plenty powerful to present the bait and land fish with a 5" Senko for me.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap