G. Loomis warranty

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

G. Loomis warranty

Post by adam lancia » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:39 am

Looking for some feedback for anyone who had an OG GLX slimming rod with the full Recoils: I have a DSR820S and used it a lot this past summer. I couldn't figure out why the reel would get loosej in the seat until I noticed the gap between the threads and center cork section of the seat. I want to send it in for warranty, but I don't have the receipt for it. Plus, they obviously don't make that rod anymore so they can't exactly just pull another one or the shelf for me, they'd likely have to replace it with a new model, which they might be hesitant to do. So, has anyone had experience sending one of these in? Any advice on dealing with the lack of a receipt issue? Thanks in advance!

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: G. Loomis warranty

Post by 1nutinthewater » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:35 am

No experience with your rod but have sent in several the last few years and never a question on receipt. No questions asked period.
Great customer service, very quick.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish