Modified full handle on NRX

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
capt1fish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Modified full handle on NRX

Post by capt1fish » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

I didn’t have luck searching...

A while back, there was a post in a thread where one among us made his split grip NRX a full grip. It wasn’t a permanent mod and could be removed if needed for warranty work. If not mistaken, it involved the Accu Cull grip saver.

I’m looking to do the same but need a starting point. Can someone locate that thread or chime in on what to do?

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Modified full handle on NRX

Post by Obz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:20 pm

I remember seeing that too. I think he just used foam pipe wrap to fill in the gap

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:42 pm

For what purpose?

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

I would advise you to be very careful using the Grip Savers over cork handles. They are fine if you remove and replace them constantly, allowing the cork to dry out. If you leave them on for a longer period of time, water gets under it and will rot out your cork. If you could figure out a way to seal the edges of the Grip Saver it would be alright to leave on for a longer period of time. I did like them up until this happened to one of my rods.

capt1fish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capt1fish » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:49 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:I would advise you to be very careful using the Grip Savers over cork handles. They are fine if you remove and replace them constantly, allowing the cork to dry out. If you leave them on for a longer period of time, water gets under it and will rot out your cork. If you could figure out a way to seal the edges of the Grip Saver it would be alright to leave on for a longer period of time. I did like them up until this happened to one of my rods.
Thanks for the insight.