Used F4-610XDTI Elseil price?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Used F4-610XDTI Elseil price?

Post by leggomye990 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:23 am

389Maverick wrote:This question often comes up, and imo, the rod is worth what you’re willing to pay.
Also note, the Elseil is one of those rods that seems to be very different from one series to another.
Is 335$ including shipping, you’re located in Canada, is that 335$ shipped CND?
Another curve ball, is this the 777 version? :-s

No, the seller had it up for 450 CAD converted is 335 usd, and it would be a local pickup so no shipping fees.
Also, I'm not sure what the 777 version is lol

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:08 pm

It’s a good looking rod for sure. Very good for jerkbaits and some smaller crankbaits. It’s also ok for some bottom contact, but never how I used mine and there are better options for that. If you’re really interested in getting this rod and feel you will regret it if you miss it than you should buy it. The opportunity of finding one in good shape is only going to get tougher. The market for the older megabass rods isn’t what it was just a year or 2 ago as I’ve seen a lot of rods I really wanted when I was on the hunt for them going for a lot less than when I was looking hard. I wouldn’t expect the resale value on it to improve, but it’s one I keep in my collection to fish once in a while when I feel like going retro megabass.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:18 pm

domthewon wrote:It’s a good looking rod for sure. Very good for jerkbaits and some smaller crankbaits. It’s also ok for some bottom contact, but never how I used mine and there are better options for that. If you’re really interested in getting this rod and feel you will regret it if you miss it than you should buy it. The opportunity of finding one in good shape is only going to get tougher. The market for the older megabass rods isn’t what it was just a year or 2 ago as I’ve seen a lot of rods I really wanted when I was on the hunt for them going for a lot less than when I was looking hard. I wouldn’t expect the resale value on it to improve, but it’s one I keep in my collection to fish once in a while when I feel like going retro megabass.

Agreed with that statement, I've never fished any retro megabass rods, so this being available for the taking has peaked my interests, Just really going back and fourth on it because there are a few rods that I wanted last year but didnt pull triggers on them and so I really wanted to get those rods this year, the MB just being a curveball like if I didn't see it for sale I wouldn't care to hunt for one, but since I seen the add for it, its been trying to play jedi mind ticks on me and, well you guys know.. lol