OG tatula vs New tatula rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bass raider
Angler
Angler

OG tatula vs New tatula rod

Post by Bass raider » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Hey guys I owned one of the original tatula rods (7ft med. casting) and I absolutely loved it but curiosity got the better of me and I sold it off for a dobyns fury. Loved the balance I achieved with the dobyns but needless to say it was a major downgrade in sensitivity. So I’m looking at trying a tatula again and my question is, other than cosmetics and guide material is there any difference between the first gen tats and the current ones? Can I expect about the same sensitivity or do I need to find a previous model? Thanks in advance!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: OG tatula vs New tatula rod

Post by poisonokie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:32 pm

I've been wondering this myself. I'm not so sure the new handles, but the guides interest me. I wish someone would post some weights. I bet they're heavier. I heard they at least feel heavier.
This is the way.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:36 am

I'm a fan of the new Tatula rods. I think they are one of the best value rods on the market and are generally under rated. They are light, sensitive, and available in a lot of actions and powers. I like the overall feel of the rods better than the first generation models and those were nice rods too. Most of them are in stock at the shop, if there's a specific weight you're curious about, let me know or call the shop. I think that heavier feel is part of what I like as they balance out better than the first gen models.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm

That's good to hear. They really are great rods for the money and I'm glad they actually managed to improve upon them without jacking up the price. Here are the weights of the 1st gen models I have or have had in the past:

Tatula 6101MXB: 3.8
Tatula 6101MHFB: 3.7
Tatula 711MHXB: 3.8
Tatula 711MHRB: 4.3
Tatula 761HFB: 4.3
Tatula 721MHRB-G: 5.3
Tatula 771MRB-G: 5.8

I'd be interested to know if the first four went up in weight. The first three are really well balanced, and the 76 wasn't bad at all for a long, heavy action flipping stick. The rest are pretty tip heavy, but not unfishably so since they're moving bait rods anyway. The only one that bugs me is the 711MHRB because it would otherwise be a great topwater rod for bigger pencil poppers and walking baits. There's a lot of extra carbon in the tip to give it a regular action as you can see from the half ounce of extra weight compared to the extra fast model of the same length, which I love and will probably never part with. I really wish I could find the MS-X 67MH to take the place of the 711MHRB, but that's the only one I can't find anywhere that will actually ship it to me. :-k
This is the way.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:36 am
I'm a fan of the new Tatula rods. I think they are one of the best value rods on the market and are generally under rated. They are light, sensitive, and available in a lot of actions and powers. I like the overall feel of the rods better than the first generation models and those were nice rods too. Most of them are in stock at the shop, if there's a specific weight you're curious about, let me know or call the shop. I think that heavier feel is part of what I like as they balance out better than the first gen models.
Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Cronos rods? I’d just bought several Gen 1 Tatulas shortly before they came out, but I always thought that the Cronos felt lighter in hand and definitely crisper. By the next time I was buying rods, I’d stepped up in price and performance to the AGS Tatula Signature rods and Megabass. And I’m going to go with the Destroyer series for my next rod purchases.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 am

poisonokie wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm
That's good to hear. They really are great rods for the money and I'm glad they actually managed to improve upon them without jacking up the price. Here are the weights of the 1st gen models I have or have had in the past:

Tatula 6101MXB: 3.8
Tatula 6101MHFB: 3.7
Tatula 711MHXB: 3.8
Tatula 711MHRB: 4.3
Tatula 761HFB: 4.3
Tatula 721MHRB-G: 5.3
Tatula 771MRB-G: 5.8

I'd be interested to know if the first four went up in weight. The first three are really well balanced, and the 76 wasn't bad at all for a long, heavy action flipping stick. The rest are pretty tip heavy, but not unfishably so since they're moving bait rods anyway. The only one that bugs me is the 711MHRB because it would otherwise be a great topwater rod for bigger pencil poppers and walking baits. There's a lot of extra carbon in the tip to give it a regular action as you can see from the half ounce of extra weight compared to the extra fast model of the same length, which I love and will probably never part with. I really wish I could find the MS-X 67MH to take the place of the 711MHRB, but that's the only one I can't find anywhere that will actually ship it to me. :-k

So you had /have the 6101 MXB cast rod with the mega top tip on it ... ie drop shot cast rod ?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Yes, but I use it more for senkos, finesse jigs, and light texas rigs. It's great for dead sticking 5.8 and 6.8 flick shakes.
This is the way.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:16 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:17 pm
Yes, but I use it more for senkos, finesse jigs, and light texas rigs. It's great for dead sticking 5.8 and 6.8 flick shakes.
Daiwa needs to bring this rod or an equivalent ... ie Steez Harrier-Finesse to pair with the new Steez ct sv

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Does Daiwa make any mid priced rods that are more of a Medium power, fast action? I really like that style of rod for most of my fishing, but it seems like they normally step up to MH and a bit higher rated than lures I normally use...

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:51 pm

E73Bass wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:16 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Daiwa needs to bring this rod or an equivalent ... ie Steez Harrier-Finesse to pair with the new Steez ct sv
If I get an Alphas CT, and let's be honest, I will, that rod is where it's going.
This is the way.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:57 am

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:51 pm
E73Bass wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Where will you buy?
They just introduced the Harrier-Finesse into Daiwa Australia and forgot about the USA... But not too late to introduce it along side the Steez CT SV at I-Cast.

If I get an Alphas CT, and let's be honest, I will, that rod is where it's going.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:01 pm

poisonokie wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Youll like the alphas ct on that rod. Theyll compliment each other

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:59 pm

ss30378 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:01 pm
poisonokie wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Youll like the alphas ct on that rod. Theyll compliment each other
I bet so. Then again, the Steez was built for that spool rather than having it shoehorned into a previous design... It would be hard not to just go all the way with it, even if it is almost twice as much. :-k

Either way, it will be a while. :strface:
This is the way.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:16 am

E73Bass wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:57 am
poisonokie wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
Where will you buy?
They just introduced the Harrier-Finesse into Daiwa Australia and forgot about the USA... But not too late to introduce it along side the Steez CT SV at I-Cast.

Where will you get the Harrier-Finesse?
May be easier to get it from the Daiwa-Australia market as the USA market still has lagged on updating their compile-X Steez Line. Which is sad.
They could sell a ton of these if introduced with their Steez CT SV.
Maybe even do a Icast promo and offer as a Icast special for 5-7 days as a $1K combo special.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:51 pm

E73Bass wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:16 am
Where will you get the Harrier-Finesse?
May be easier to get it from the Daiwa-Australia market as the USA market still has lagged on updating their compile-X Steez Line. Which is sad.
They could sell a ton of these if introduced with their Steez CT SV.
Maybe even do a Icast promo and offer as a Icast special for 5-7 days as a $1K combo special.
Sorry, I meant the Tat 6101mxb we were talking about.
This is the way.