New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Real Pudd legend » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Lol!

For the price , it’s beyond what I imagined they would feel like. I love the feel and sensitivity it transmits. I personally like the actions and the strength in all the right places. Too bad they don’t offer a longer spinning rod like a 6’11 medium / medium light.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:02 pm

Got out with the 611M+ a bit after work today. Whomever said it was a 2.5 Loomis was right on, it's got a bit stiffer of a tip and a bit less backbone then my 783c. It casts a 1/4oz swimjig w/ 3.75" Kietech trailer (~.66oz) amazingly well but doesn't do super well with a weightless Trickworm (~.25oz). Sensitivity is outstanding and the rod just feels nice to cast and work a lure with.

I was fishing a little park pond and was casting the swimjig across a flat with about 6" of water over patchy hydrilla. About 5 casts in I get a hit right when I start the retrieve, maybe 60-70' out. Set the hook and try to get the bass on-top but I can't overpower it and only have 12lb line on, so I ease off a little and start to work her up and in. Most of the bass in this pond are in the 2-3 range so I was not super impressed with the backbone at this point. I got the bass about 15' from me before I got her on top. A pond-monster, every bit of 4lbs. I get her to the bank, which has a stone seawall around it. The pond is low, so it's like 2ish feet from the wall to the water. I was wearing my work clothing and didn't throw myself on the ground to lip her and made the mistake of trying to lift her with the line. 4lbs of bass plus 1lb of weeds is too much to ask of 12lb fluoro on a deadlift and when my hand was inches from her lip she shook and popped the line right on the back side of the knot.

Super disappointing, but given the size of that bass I think the rod has a deceptive amount of power. I managed to land a pair of mid-2lb bass from the same spot and it easily got them up out of the weeds and to the bank. It's not a cover rod by any means but with more reasonable line I think is very capable of handling subsurface veg and such.

Over all I am really impressed with the rod and am super pumped to get it after work tomorrow.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Awesome write up Hound =D>

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:32 pm

Cristo wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 pm
Awesome write up Hound =D>
Longwinded but it just happened and I had to tell *someone*.
Real Pudd legend wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:01 pm
I have the entire casting lineup and I love them... all my destroyers are slowly leaving my arsenal.
Do you have the 67L BFS? I am really interested but want to know what kind of XF it is.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:24 am

How is the 7’3”?
I think the 6’11” will be the most sought after rod in this line up.
I’m hoping to get in the water this weekend with the 7’2”.
So far I don’t regret buying the PA rods. I think most people will find them pleasing and light.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:24 am
How is the 7’3”?
I think the 6’11” will be the most sought after rod in this line up.
I’m hoping to get in the water this weekend with the 7’2”.
So far I don’t regret buying the PA rods. I think most people will find them pleasing and light.
love it for flukes, senkos, and 3/8 texas rigs so far.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:03 am

Decided to worm fish my 7’3mh yesterday even though this is goin to be my dedicated chatterbait/ spinnerbait rod. This is my thoughts of the rod after only fishin bottom contact baits all year on loomis nrx rods. 1/4oz Texas rig zoom trick worms, zoom mag 2, 7” robo worms & 10lb pline tactical floro. Switched reels to the alde 30mgl & of course a light combo but the metanium mgl I had on there balances the rod much better. Caught around 10, nothing big. Rod is crisp & feels very much alive. It’s slightly less powered than the nrx 873. Sensitivity is great, nrx sensitivity is awesome. Rod is way more fun to fish with than the nrx & the handle feels great. Any thin bodied plastics, hook setting is fine. Something like a ol monster or reg size brush hog, much better options. Versatile is stamped on the rod & you definitely can’t argue wit that. If you have a nrx 873 or 893, this rod will not be a better option for thick or thin bodied plastics, imo. Maybe much $ for a moving bait rod but it can work for a variety of techniques. Can’t wait til chatterbait season so I can actually hook something BIG. I wouldn’t pay regular price for it just for a moving bait rod. TW might be out of stock for awhile but 20% off this rod would be a STEAL

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Hennessy thanks for the write up, pretty spot on with what you are mentioning. I went out last week and spooned in 50 ft with the 7’3 and it performed very well. I also threw some bigger topwaters on it and landed every fish without any fear of the backbone pulling the hooks out. Seems odd but the rod gives in the right places to keep them pinned. Catching Largemouth and stripers up to 8 lbs and it was hard to put the rod down. The 6’11+ and the 6’7 spinning came into today so I’m stoked I have the entire lineup to review in the future.

Btw, I heard there will be 3-4 more rods released in the adrena lineup in the spring.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:00 pm
Hennessy thanks for the write up, pretty spot on with what you are mentioning. I went out last week and spooned in 50 ft with the 7’3 and it performed very well. I also threw some bigger topwaters on it and landed every fish without any fear of the backbone pulling the hooks out. Seems odd but the rod gives in the right places to keep them pinned. Catching Largemouth and stripers up to 8 lbs and it was hard to put the rod down. The 6’11+ and the 6’7 spinning came into today so I’m stoked I have the entire lineup to review in the future.

Btw, I heard there will be 3-4 more rods released in the adrena lineup in the spring.
I was also surprised at how 1/4oz loaded the rod & distance was better than expected. Never considered it as a topwater rod but with those range of baits you thrown confirms the wide range of baits this rod is capable of. That’s good knowing the hookup ratio was good with treble baits, makes me think of using it as a 1/2 xcalibur one knocker rod also

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:12 pm

I am liking the sensitivy and this 4 plus was a good tug
Attachments
pa2.jpg
pa2.jpg (101.05 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
pa1.jpg
pa1.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
pa3.jpg
pa3.jpg (44.73 KiB) Viewed 9409 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 pm

The 611M+ continues to impress. I threw a 1oz glidebait on to see how the rod handed it and unbelievably it did pretty well! It didn’t feel overloaded at all, but to be fair I didn’t push it with hard casts.

Got a little bass in the process as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zis7gblpmvb5s ... 3.jpg?dl=0

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:34 am

I am looking at the 6’11 Medium+ as my Topwater rod. I have an Expride 6’10 Medium that I love. Most off what I throw are 1/2-3/4 baits. I was thinking this rod might be a little better for that. I also throw some jerkbaits, underspinss, etc. Any thoughts?

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:25 pm

I think topwaters and underspins Is perfectly fine with the 6’11+.
For jerkbaits I feel it might be good with the +1 and +2 visions but the standard oneten I feel it might be a tad over powering but I’m sure you will still land fish regardless.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:19 pm

How would the 72H work for frogs?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:26 pm

russ57 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:19 pm
How would the 72H work for frogs?
Not in heavy cover.
At lest to me. I’m taking off soon but it’s no xbd
I’d use the og cumara 7’2” before the adrena but I’m still tryin