New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New Poison Adrena

Post by goldrod » Sun May 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Looking to pull the trigger tonight but it may be the percocet
that has me confused. I’m thinking the 6’11 would be the best and most interesting on but the 7’3” with a regular taper sounds good to? Reel is my IS73 which if I went with the shorter rod I could possibly use with the megabass honeycomb spool or even the zpi m spool but the longer version seems to need a heavier reel. Anyone with the previous models and or experience please chime in and help me make a choice
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:11 pm

I have the 6'10 medium and the 6'10 medium heavy. I think that 6'11 should be pretty sweet, and extremely versatile.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:11 pm
I have the 6'10 medium and the 6'10 medium heavy. I think that 6'11 should be pretty sweet, and extremely versatile.
What do you use the medium for and with what reel?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun May 26, 2019 10:14 pm

ordered and awaiting arrival from back order.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sun May 26, 2019 10:22 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 pm
Hello, Friend!
I use my 1610M-2 with metanium MGL for jerkbaits anf vibs: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=79504

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 27, 2019 6:33 am

Loafer wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:22 pm
goldrod wrote:
Hello, Friend!
I use my 1610M-2 with metanium MGL for jerkbaits anf vibs: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=79504
Thanks
It didn’t say if this year’s model is a one or two piece rod
So that alone will be interesting

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm

goldrod wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Light, single hook moving baits primarily.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm
goldrod wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Light, single hook moving baits primarily.
Thanks
I’m thinking that this being medium + / fast it will be better suited for bottom contact. I will certainly put it up against my 6’10” expride / Antares
I’m convinced that that combo will become a topwater setup rather than a jerkbait setup.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm

The hooked up tackle has them in stock but TWH remains out of stock ](*,)

rollyourboat
Angler
Angler

Post by rollyourboat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Got to cast and play with it today at Joe's in MN and man what a rod. Had the 73MH paired with a Curado DC to play around with outside and man it absolutely bombed casts. Definitely feels better than the previous generation by a mile. Any one who doesn't like the ci4 reel seat will probably be bothered by it still but those with smaller hands will appreciate how good it palms. With the curado dc on the balance was right above/on the reel seat hood. Didn't get to use it from a sensitivity stand point so can't speak on that but imagine it'd be better than expride. But i can say it doesn't have that super "stout or stiff" feeling the high power and sipral wrap tends to give shimano rods nowadays. I do have a poison glorious and it wouldn't exactly say we're splitting hairs here....but we're kind of splitting hairs here lol

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 pm

rollyourboat wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 pm
Got to cast and play with it today at Joe's in MN and man what a rod. Had the 73MH paired with a Curado DC to play around with outside and man it absolutely bombed casts. Definitely feels better than the previous generation by a mile. Any one who doesn't like the ci4 reel seat will probably be bothered by it still but those with smaller hands will appreciate how good it palms. With the curado dc on the balance was right above/on the reel seat hood. Didn't get to use it from a sensitivity stand point so can't speak on that but imagine it'd be better than expride. But i can say it doesn't have that super "stout or stiff" feeling the high power and sipral wrap tends to give shimano rods nowadays. I do have a poison glorious and it wouldn't exactly say we're splitting hairs here....but we're kind of splitting hairs here lol
I just put a 15' Metanium DC on mine. I'm Daiwa loyal thru and thru, but I got tired tired of my reel feet getting scratched from the Ci4 seat. Very slick reel. My 1st DC, and my only Shimano......Probably forever :-k

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:20 am

I just got mine in..
put on an antares and it balances well
I have an IS73 on the Expride..
I'm trying to find out which is better and what's the difference in the two.. I can say for certain that the IS73 will not leave the expride,, just too good of a fit..

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Caught one swimming a jig. !!
Huge mouth skinny body. Wanted to buy him some food 😆

Anyways. I didn’t want a reaction bait rod. And I’m trying to want to like this rod. The wife said it’s so light and she doesn’t like it because of that. But I paired it with an Antares and I’m thinking (take a deep breathe) s t e e z with a Kahen spool.

Anyways, i am thinking it will be a good rod for senkos because it has backbone that certainly turns on but it’s tricky turn on.
This rod 12lb test 1/8oz weight seems like the ticket but the jury is still out. Compared to the expride you can tell that it’s a little more “stout” but it’s so light that it’s deceptive.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:15 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:27 pm
Caught one swimming a jig. !!
Huge mouth skinny body. Wanted to buy him some food 😆

Anyways. I didn’t want a reaction bait rod. And I’m trying to want to like this rod. The wife said it’s so light and she doesn’t like it because of that. But I paired it with an Antares and I’m thinking (take a deep breathe) s t e e z with a Kahen spool.

Anyways, i am thinking it will be a good rod for senkos because it has backbone that certainly turns on but it’s tricky turn on.
This rod 12lb test 1/8oz weight seems like the ticket but the jury is still out. Compared to the expride you can tell that it’s a little more “stout” but it’s so light that it’s deceptive.
Which model did you get? It is a very light rod, and for having no handle material, it balances extremely well. 12 lb test with 1/8 oz bait???

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:17 am

I have the 6’11”
Model says medium plus and versatile on it
Restrung with 12lb sunline shooter and a 4/0 gammy so tomorrow I’ll throw some yammy flukes