New Poison Adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Poison Adrena

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Rodster14 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:04 am
You can try and it and see, but I suspect it will not be enough power for what you are wanting to do. I was using it as a jig rod and ended up getting an NRX+ instead. I no longer have the 7’2 H., but still have a 7’3 MH, 6’11 M+ , 7’4 H and. 6’7 ML spinning. The 7’2 H will fish closer to a MH in my opinion. It is a great multipurpose rod.
What you use the 6'7" spinning for?
I was looking at this rod for ned rigs and 2.8" paddle tails with 1\8 jig head open water presentations. I dont much use any rod rated MH or higher keep on lesser powered side.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:46 am

I use the 6’7 ML for small poppers, small Keitechs, Ned rigs, and smaller jerk baits.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:57 pm

I've fished my 72H for the first time in this last week. As a frog rod I do not recommend it, unless maybe you were in a kayak, it is just too short for me. I also tried it with a 3/8 jig and braid. It is the most sensitive rod I have used for sure. The water was high in the outlet I was fishing and there was quite a bit of current. I could feel the vibrations from the rocks of the bottom as the jig was slowly dragged across the bottom by the current. I feel like I could even feel the claws flapping as well. When I actually raise the rod tip it gives a kind of mushy sensation which was hard to describe, regardless of bottom structure.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:09 am

Shimano Poison Adrena Casting Rod 7'6" Extra Hvy

Don't remember seeing this one. Must be new late 2021 release?
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:30 am

They have some pretty long handles...anyone notice this when fishing?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:43 am

I’m using the 7’2” heavy for chatterbaits anyone else ?
None glass
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:30 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:23 pm
Has anyone tried the PAD2610ULMA?

6'10" Ultra light/Medium spinning rod?
You started this, and I was just too curious and ordered one. I'm totally blown away at the lightness and feel. Rod weighs in at 3.14 oz on my scale. I just mounted an old Sustain 1000FD reel on just to check the line thread through the guides and it's giving me this vibe of awesomeness. That extra fast tip that transitions into a medium power backbone, is gonna be a panfish killer. I'm gonna be tossing those Micro Blade Baits and Micro Lipless cranks on this for sure.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:56 pm

the 7'2H, what's the upper and lower range? what's the best technique for this rod? what do you all use it for? thx

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:58 am

Chode wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:56 pm
the 7'2H, what's the upper and lower range? what's the best technique for this rod? what do you all use it for? thx
I was disappointed in the one i had. Its a really nice light rod but more of a mh moving bait rod to me. I bought it for frogs and wouldn't recommend it for that. Its a more moderate action than i expected but if your looking at it to throw spinnerbaits or chatterbaits etc go for it. I maxed the weight range out by throwing a g2 shellcracker and it handled that bait well in my opinion but wouldn't use it for punching a 1oz weight in grass

jwill
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jwill » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Chode wrote:
It is a very interesting rod. I bought one when they first came out hoping to use it as a light pitching stick. I was immediately disappointed because it's not near powerful enough for me. I kept the rod because it was light and crisp and felt amazing, but it just sat in the corner for about a year. What I realized when I started using the rod is that is amazingly versatile. It has a very light tip and a more progressive action. It feels more like a mh but it throws heavier baits better than any other mh I have fished. It really excels as a moving bait rod for me. I like it for swim jigs, 4-5" swimbaits, buzzbaits and spinnerbaits. It also does great with bigger topwaters like a whopper plopper and buzzjet. It's also good for lipless baits in heavy grass. It's a good weightless senko rod and it would work for finesse jigs. Super versatile. Kind of reminds me of some megabass rods in their versatility. I would say it's very happy from 1/2oz to just over an ounce.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Are these crazy light UFO handle Shimanos morw moderate in taper as a whole? Kinda interested in the 73MH as an all arounder that is a step up in power from my 72M gen 1 Zodias all arounder M+. Would these two be too close in power?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:01 pm

jwill wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Chode wrote:
It is a very interesting rod. I bought one when they first came out hoping to use it as a light pitching stick. I was immediately disappointed because it's not near powerful enough for me. I kept the rod because it was light and crisp and felt amazing, but it just sat in the corner for about a year. What I realized when I started using the rod is that is amazingly versatile. It has a very light tip and a more progressive action. It feels more like a mh but it throws heavier baits better than any other mh I have fished. It really excels as a moving bait rod for me. I like it for swim jigs, 4-5" swimbaits, buzzbaits and spinnerbaits. It also does great with bigger topwaters like a whopper plopper and buzzjet. It's also good for lipless baits in heavy grass. It's a good weightless senko rod and it would work for finesse jigs. Super versatile. Kind of reminds me of some megabass rods in their versatility. I would say it's very happy from 1/2oz to just over an ounce.
Looking into the 73MH and 72H and quoting to say thanks for the input and to bump the thread. Thinking about getting one of these and the new Zillion HD.

I have a Zodias gen 1 72M that is super versatile and I want that rod but a step up in power. The 72M fishes like a M+ and is my 5" senko, 3/8 dark sleeper, 3/8 squarebill, 3/8-1/2 lipless, 1/4-3/8 oz spinnerbait/chatterbait and 3/16-5/16 finesse jig rod. Once I go 3/8 oz jigs, 1/2 oz spinnerbaits, 5/8 oz lipless and 3/8 oz chatterbaits it's out of gas. Its useable but not ideal.

I have 3 MHs. An EMTF gen 1 that is too long and heavy (weight) for a target casting bottom contact rod and is used as more of an off shore structure fishing bottom contact rod. Its basically my dark sleeper and big worm rod. I have a Valkaryie MH and that is going to be my moving bait MH rod. The 3rd rod is a Lews Walmart stick that is my jig and frog kayak stick. It's a stiff tipped MH that fishes like a MH+ but still taps out at 7/8 oz casting and is out of gas bigtime.

With the recent addition of the MH Valkaryie I'm worried that while I would like the 73MH I would have too much overlap. I only want overlap like that if one is way way cheaper and can be a kayak beater stick like the $200ish Zodias. This has be looking at the H which sort of sounds like a MH+?

eric30
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by eric30 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:31 pm

Which poison adrena would be best suited for horny toads, 73Mh, or 72H? Thanks.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:34 pm

the 7'2" heavy is not a heavy.. its more a med med heavy
sorry to disappoint you but at least you dont have two of them like I do..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Kimbro1014
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kimbro1014 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:28 am

Anybody have the 6’6” MH casting rod? There’s one at a local shop for 19000 yen or $165. It’s shorter than I’d like but for the price I think I’d be a fool to pass it up. I’ve looked all over the internet and can’t find anything about this model.