Fenwick KTF GWT60L

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Fenwick KTF GWT60L

Post by Craigthor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Looking for those that have fished this rod and your thoughts on it. Looking for a longer rod for trout fishing with main target size in the 15+” range. I understand this is a bass taper though the specs fit exactly what I’ve been looking for in a rod 7g max and 5-10lb line. I have nice trout tapered rods though when getting into the bigger fish in current they have a strong lacking of control. Fishing 12lb Berkley Nanofil with 8lb Vanish connected via FG Knot. Primarily fish 6g 85mm suspension baits.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Fenwick KTF GWT60L

Post by Schlag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:44 am

I haven't used any of the KTF / Teimco Fenwick rods, but I've been admiring them for a very long time. I still have a Techna AV spinning rod that still works great for moving baits.

I target +20" brown trout, rainbows, and the occasional skamania in my local flows. Over the years, I find myself moving up to larger lures and stouter rods (ML+), but I still love catching trout on more delicate BFS tackle. It can be difficult to sink the hook into some of those monsters, even with upgraded hooks. I typically use some type of 10 - 12 lb braid with a 6' leader of 10 lb Tatsu.

For a 6g jerkbait, I would want something between a light and ML power casting rod (depends on the rod manufacture). From reviews I've read about the Fenwick KTF rods, they seem to be very versatile. That's probably due to the MF action on the majority of them. The rod you inquired on is right in the middle of the lure weight range you're looking for. I would pull the trigger.

Here's a review to the 6'3" KTF
http://lovefenwick.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-9.html

Additional info
https://www.tiemco.co.jp/fenwick/

keep us posted if you purchase one.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:59 am

Schlag wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:44 am
I haven't used any of the KTF / Teimco Fenwick rods, but I've been admiring them for a very long time. I still have a Techna AV spinning rod that still works great for moving baits.

I target +20" brown trout, rainbows, and the occasional skamania in my local flows. Over the years, I find myself moving up to larger lures and stouter rods (ML+), but I still love catching trout on more delicate BFS tackle. It can be difficult to sink the hook into some of those monsters, even with upgraded hooks. I typically use some type of 10 - 12 lb braid with a 6' leader of 10 lb Tatsu.

For a 6g jerkbait, I would want something between a light and ML power casting rod (depends on the rod manufacture). From reviews I've read about the Fenwick KTF rods, they seem to be very versatile. That's probably due to the MF action on the majority of them. The rod you inquired on is right in the middle of the lure weight range you're looking for. I would pull the trigger.

Additional info

Thanks, I did send payment on the 6’0” KTF GWT60CL J, I’ll be pairing it with my Abu Revo LTX-BF8 spooled with 12lb Berkley Nanofil with 8lb Vanish done up with an FG Knot. I spent yesterday testing the Nanofil and FG Knotted Vanish with my Tenryu Rayz 53ULBC and super impressed with how well it held up.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:31 am

Please share some pics when you get it. I hope you catch some monsters on the Fenwick KTF.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Received it today, super thrilled as the fit and finish is perfect. Won’t get a chance to fish it till Sunday morning so pictures to follow.

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Schlag wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:44 am

Additional info

How do get your computer to automatically translate foreign languages to English? Sorry, but I am the typical American. One language only. I suck at learning different languages. Pretty bad since I have been working with native Spanish and Polish co-workers for over 30 years, yet still can't speak or understand either language. :( Well....maybe a couple cuss words. :lol:

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:42 pm

That's a tough question, since my computer and phone have been auto translating for a very long time. I know I had to turn it off to place an order on Karil.co.jp.

I believe this is how to set it up. In Google chrome, go to settings, advanced settings, and click on language. Set your default language to English, and there's an option to convert other languages over to English. It can be turned on and off.

My Android phone has the Google translate app, and I believe that automatically translates the webpages.

If that doesn't work, open up a new window, and go here translate.google.com

I hope this helps.