Feedback on Levante FSS and JBS

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Feedback on Levante FSS and JBS

Post by Poisson » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:20 am

I'm going to order a couple of Levantes, a Perfect Pitch and either the Flatside Special or Jerkbait Special. I'm looking for feedback on these two - how do you like it and what do you use it for?

smithy97
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Feedback on Levante FSS and JBS

Post by smithy97 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:28 pm

The new jerkbait special is an awesome rod. Perfect tip to launch the bait, and to work it easily and effectively. The blank loads well to keep fish pinned on treble hooks. With the cosmetics and crisp feel, these are a step up from the old series for sure. I have a flatside special in the old series Levante and the new is a much different, better rod.
I throw 3/8 to 5/8oz baits on both rods and that seems to be a good fit for both.

Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Poisson » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:46 am

smithy97 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:28 pm
The new jerkbait special is an awesome rod. Perfect tip to launch the bait, and to work it easily and effectively. The blank loads well to keep fish pinned on treble hooks. With the cosmetics and crisp feel, these are a step up from the old series for sure. I have a flatside special in the old series Levante and the new is a much different, better rod.
I throw 3/8 to 5/8oz baits on both rods and that seems to be a good fit for both.
Thanks for the feedback! Have you tried fishing light wire single hook baits with the jerkbait special, e.g. finesse swim jigs, underpins, etc? I ended up pulling the trigger on the jerkbait special.

smithy97
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by smithy97 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 am

I haven't, but I have no doubt it would be up to the task. Glad you pulled the trigger, you'll be very happy you did