Making Conquests Lighter

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Making Conquests Lighter

Post by JBcrankaddict » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:37 am

Nice work guys =D> Looks great! It’s easy enough, just need the confidence to get started.

rollyourboat
Angler
Angler

Post by rollyourboat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:41 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 pm
rollyourboat wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 am
Plan on doing the split grip treatment to my daiwas. Any reminders or "no no's" I should know before I start cutting? Also after I cut how do it get the left over epoxy off?
Looks like my post was a little late =D>
A little late but any it reminded me about the warranty which I completely forgot about. Contacted daiwa and they said it does void the warranty but I've never broken a rod and neither is it a life time warranty anyways.

JBcrankaddict
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JBcrankaddict » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:41 pm

rollyourboat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:41 pm

A little late but any it reminded me about the warranty which I completely forgot about. Contacted daiwa and they said it does void the warranty but I've never broken a rod and neither is it a life time warranty anyways.
Not sure why it deleted the rest of the post when I edited, but yeah warranty is definitely something to check into before modifying any rod. I’m surprised they would void warranty for work on the grips though, especially if the rod doesn’t break there :-k Loomis policy is as long as it doesn’t break where a modification has been done it’s still valid for lifetime warranty, and always have Xpeditor just in case.