Most specific chatterbait rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by russ57 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:46 am

Could use the 72MH glass expride.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by poisonokie » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Brace yourselves, there's even chatterbait specific line now.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sunline ... -SFTF.html
This is the way.

User avatar
falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:42 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by falcon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 am

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Brace yourselves, there's even chatterbait specific line now.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sunline ... -SFTF.html
Ridiculous
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by poisonokie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:21 am

falcon wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 am
poisonokie wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Brace yourselves, there's even chatterbait specific line now.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sunline ... -SFTF.html
Ridiculous
Whatever, that'll take your Chatterbait game to the next LEVEL!!!!!!!! :^o :lol:
This is the way.

lds922
Angler
Angler
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:36 am

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by lds922 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:34 pm

I really like the Black Jungle - Deep Crank and Slow Roll for chatters. XX DSR is a close second.

I had the Dobyns 736CB Glass and also a Zillion Glass 7-2MH which were excellent as well. I still regret letting go of the Zillion. One of my fishing partners has a Tatula Glass 7-2MH for chatters and it's a rod I'd fish with as well, very similar to the Zillion.

Lightning
Angler
Angler
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Craptastic Illinois

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by Lightning » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:04 am

I absolutely love the Cashion Chatterbait rod. I tried a mod fast 7’3 and kept missing fish.

I fish in heavy grass area and this rod is about as perfect as it gets, sensitive, perfect action and I can skip chatterbaots like nothing.

User avatar
KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 am
Location: Ponca City, OK

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by KlingerNOK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:53 am

Fran87 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:00 am
white84z wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:38 am
I'm using a KLX Feel N Reel 7'3" Heavy. This thing has boatloads of power and and incredible tip. I feel it's the perfect 1/2 oz chatterbaits rod for me. If I was fishing less grass and cover or fishing the 3/8 chatterbaits I'd use the medium heavy.
Thank you for your answer Sir, Do you know how much that kistler weight?

Thank you
I’m not sure about the 7’3”H Feel n Reel, but the 7’6”H Feel n Reel is 4.4oz. Very light for a powerful partial glass rod.

User avatar
ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by ogrich31 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:56 am

webertime wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:41 pm
The NFC MB807 Blank is an awesome chatterbait blank.
I see that this is an older post, but are you using the IM or HM?


Btw, I'm using the iRod Genesis II 723C, the stone cold swim and vibrating jig rod. Amazing rod for chatterbaits, at least for my style. I went through a couple of higher end rods ($300-400) before this rod replaced them.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by KP Duty » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:47 am

falcon wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 am
poisonokie wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Brace yourselves, there's even chatterbait specific line now.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Sunline ... -SFTF.html
Ridiculous
x2. If you think you need a special chatterbait line...I have some stuff to sell you :mrgreen:

webertime
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:00 am

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by webertime » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm

ogrich31 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:56 am
webertime wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:41 pm
The NFC MB807 Blank is an awesome chatterbait blank.
I see that this is an older post, but are you using the IM or HM?


Btw, I'm using the iRod Genesis II 723C, the stone cold swim and vibrating jig rod. Amazing rod for chatterbaits, at least for my style. I went through a couple of higher end rods ($300-400) before this rod replaced them.
I use the IM for chatterbaits

ZJKorman
Angler
Angler
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by ZJKorman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:40 pm

I love my evergreen combat stick. 7'3" heavy glass. The majority of the time I am throwing a Jack Hammer in 1/2oz. Vibration through the rod is excellent, i can rip through grass with ease, and the feel is great when it comes to bites.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by russ57 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:33 am

Expride 7M glass is the best chatterbait rod I have used.

fishinblack
Angler
Angler
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by fishinblack » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:19 am

Have you considered Imaes Inspirare "Super Cougar" TKIC-610MR? I really loved that rod with 10-12 lbs FC and chatterbaits up to 1/2oz.
If you don't mind waiting a little bit longer: there will be a new Super Cougar in the Inspire GT/RS lineup. Prototyp was 70MMH, sounds promising :whistle: There will also be a new GT/RS glass/semiglass rod "Direwolf".

User avatar
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2853
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Ashland, NE

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by Finnz922 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:47 am

ogrich31 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:56 am
webertime wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:41 pm
The NFC MB807 Blank is an awesome chatterbait blank.

Btw, I'm using the iRod Genesis II 723C, the stone cold swim and vibrating jig rod. Amazing rod for chatterbaits, at least for my style. I went through a couple of higher end rods ($300-400) before this rod replaced them.
I'm using the same rod. Nice all around rod capable of more.
Irod Pro Staff

Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:35 am

Re: Most specific chatterbait rod

Post by Fran87 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:29 pm

fishinblack wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:19 am
Have you considered Imaes Inspirare "Super Cougar" TKIC-610MR? I really loved that rod with 10-12 lbs FC and chatterbaits up to 1/2oz.
If you don't mind waiting a little bit longer: there will be a new Super Cougar in the Inspire GT/RS lineup. Prototyp was 70MMH, sounds promising :whistle: There will also be a new GT/RS glass/semiglass rod "Direwolf".
WOWW If EG goes with a new GT/RS hybrid rod would be great !!!!!! Where do you read that info Sir ??

Thanks,
Regards

Post Reply