Orochi XX AKLYS or Destroyer Warhammer?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Jigandpig518
Angler
Angler

Orochi XX AKLYS or Destroyer Warhammer?

Post by Jigandpig518 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:23 pm

For the punchers or anyone with some hands on knowledge. Just broke my old Orochi xx flippin special and looking to replace it. Should I spend the extra $$ for the destroyer? How does the AKLYS compare to the old Amart flippin special?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Orochi XX AKLYS or Destroyer Warhammer?

Post by bronzefly » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Depending on how heavy you're punching, the Bunker Buster is more than enough punch rod for most guys. I like it a lot more than the Warhammer unless you're going 1.5 oz and up.

The Orochi XX Aklys is incredibly well balanced, but feels heavy in hand due to the butt weight. That weight is what makes it balance so well, much better than the 1st gen XX flipping special.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Jigandpig518
Angler
Angler

Post by Jigandpig518 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Gonna mostly be 1-1.5oz. I have another Amart that I use for 3/8-3/4. But when I use it it’s all day mostly. Just wanted the the most comfortable rod was leaning toward warhammer but haven’t held either one

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Gary is dead on with the Bunker Buster recommendation. It's an absolute pleasure to use with 1,5oz and smaller. I have even played around with it as a frog rod. It's a tad stout for that but around really heavy vegetation I would use it froggin'.
Been very impressed with it.