Megabass rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass rods

Post by Cranky » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:22 am

In my experience some ppl just break way way way more rods consistently than others. Can be for any number of reasons. I’ve had quite a few MB over the years and have mostly moved on to other stuff. They make lots of beautiful rods but I’m not a collector. When you’re in those high end price points variety is the spice of life.

lzeil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lzeil » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Cranky wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:22 am
In my experience some ppl just break way way way more rods consistently than others. Can be for any number of reasons. I’ve had quite a few MB over the years and have mostly moved on to other stuff. They make lots of beautiful rods but I’m not a collector. When you’re in those high end price points variety is the spice of life.
agreed, my fishing buddy does a great job breaking mb rods from high sticking, tachyon hook sets and vacuum cleaners. luckily, our local shop has a great return policy.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am

I have over 30 MB rods currently and have sold a dozen more and only had two breakages. Both my fault. XX Amart Flipping Specials, one was a fish ripped over the boat that broke the rod as it came down behind me, the other was jammed into brush as I was motoring in to get a stuck fish in a tournament. The G1 XX's and 2015 X7's are the newest I own though, I dont care for the newer line of rods and the materials.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 pm

I’ve owned two dozen or more MB rods (X4s, G1XX, 2019 Levante and 2017 destroyers US and JDM) and never had any issues with any of them. I keep mine in rod jackets and watch how I treat them. I notice a lot of people that I take fishing with me don’t understand or even know what high sticking is/does to a rod or that grabbing the rod out towards the tip trying to land a fish is a no no. Every manufacturer is going to have some defects, from what I’ve seen MB takes care of their customers.
2018 Ranger RT 188 w / 115 PRO XS CT

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:01 pm

I have a evo xti that I deeply love. The 2016 and USA destroyers are very similar, broke a Faust and a FMJ, left me scratching my head both times. I loved my Fausts too but there is that "when is it going to snap" in the back of my mind.