Pics of most balanced high end rod please

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Pics of most balanced high end rod please

Post by poisonokie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:01 am

Chode wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 pm

pretty sick arsenal
Thanks, man. I know they're not exactly high end, but I couldn't be happier with them. They're sensitive and the tapers are excellent.

I hooked a hell of a fish with the 65L/Alphas Air combo yesterday and it was handling it like a champ, but she took a hard run under a golf cart bridge right after I got a good look and broke off at the hook. :crying: She had me in a tight spot, so I was completely at her mercy and lost the battle.

The rod did an excellent job of both setting the hook and absorbing the surges, and this fish was pulling hard, but in the end the knot I tied evidently wasn't up to snuff. Oh well, it was still a good fight and I got to see how that rod handles a lunker and was impressed.
This is the way.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 am

poisonokie wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:01 am
Chode wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 pm

pretty sick arsenal
Thanks, man. I know they're not exactly high end, but I couldn't be happier with them. They're sensitive and the tapers are excellent.

I hooked a hell of a fish with the 65L/Alphas Air combo yesterday and it was handling it like a champ, but she took a hard run under a golf cart bridge right after I got a good look and broke off at the hook. :crying: She had me in a tight spot, so I was completely at her mercy and lost the battle.

The rod did an excellent job of both setting the hook and absorbing the surges, and this fish was pulling hard, but in the end the knot I tied evidently wasn't up to snuff. Oh well, it was still a good fight and I got to see how that rod handles a lunker and was impressed.
doesn't have to be high end to be sick. how it performs in your hand is what it's all about

man i bet that was a hell of a fight. hooking a giant on light setup can get the adrenaline flowing for sure haha

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Chode wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 am

doesn't have to be high end to be sick. how it performs in your hand is what it's all about

man i bet that was a hell of a fight. hooking a giant on light setup can get the adrenaline flowing for sure haha
Was it ever! I'm going straight braid next time or at least tying a heavier leader on. I've been working on the Bimini Twist, which is supposedly a 100% loop knot, and when you tie off using a Palomar there's no tag end at the hook. The combination of the two has to be almost the strongest possible braid connections. Or if I do use a leader I'll go 8-10# instead of 6 and go Bimini Twist to Yucatan knot or Alberto. That Yucatan knot looks strong and easy to tie, but I couldn't get it cinch with heavy 50# braid to 20# fluoro. Maybe I can do it with light lines.
This is the way.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 pm

Here’s another Steez Racing Design JiggaStick with an upgraded Steez A for you. Rod weighs 4oz on the dot and 10.2 with my steez A. My pics come out terrible. I promise it is a much better looking rod in person.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Here’s a few more since they are off the rack right now. I didn’t take weights but none are stock anyways. Will post them on request.

MB Super Diablo type L with stunning red ip79/honey comb spool Zpi bearings all around.

Custom (by me) split grip Conquest 842 with Full KTF Alphas typeF. In and out.

Poison Ultima with Metanium MGL brass gears, KTF neo, drag star, Zpi handle and aluminum knobs. Zpi bearings all around

Conquest 844 with a Bantam MGL KTF in and out stock spool. I have the neo but you need to remove the stock brakes of your spool to put them on the ktf for shimano reels. I’m waiting for my extra stock mgl spool to come before I replace the spool since I’ve been using this rod.

Steez RD Hustler Technical Tune with almost full KTF Steez SVTW except for RCS95 and corks.