NRX 901 SJR Special Run

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jdbassman32
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by jdbassman32 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:31 am

Is it true that Loomis is talking about a special run on this blank? Have heard they were considering a one-time run on the 901 and 902. Can anyone confirm if and when they might do this?

rollyourboat
Angler
Angler
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by rollyourboat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:46 am

Yes. I can confirm that at least the 902 (7'6 ML) is happening. I have a friend who has connections and he is getting access to one. Asked me if i wanted it but i just don't have a use for it in my line up.

User avatar
TravisNY
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 pm
Location: WV

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by TravisNY » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Yes sir I can confirm a yes on both. I already preordered a 901 and a Stella FJ for it. I’m batting around adding a 902 as well. I had two of both the 901 and 902 and stupidly got rid of all four. Not again.
In Fisherman Midwest Finesse
Rapala
Simms
ZMan

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Where are these available?

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by Winstondry » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am

Anyone here have any experience or thoughts on the new NRX 901 SJR Special Run vs an NRX 921S MR? I'm questioning whether the reel seat on the 921S Inshore series wouldn't be more sensitive than the one on the Jig/Worm series rods?

User avatar
TravisNY
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 pm
Location: WV

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by TravisNY » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:18 am

Winstondry wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am
Anyone here have any experience or thoughts on the new NRX 901 SJR Special Run vs an NRX 921S MR? I'm questioning whether the reel seat on the 921S Inshore series wouldn't be more sensitive than the one on the Jig/Worm series rods?
On the 901 and 902 I always had the heel of my hand on the fore grip and my fingers on and around the blank.
In Fisherman Midwest Finesse
Rapala
Simms
ZMan

jdbassman32
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by jdbassman32 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:19 am

Can you share with us who you are ordering these through? Or just send a PM?

TravisNY wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm
Yes sir I can confirm a yes on both. I already preordered a 901 and a Stella FJ for it. I’m batting around adding a 902 as well. I had two of both the 901 and 902 and stupidly got rid of all four. Not again.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by Winstondry » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:13 am

TravisNY wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:18 am
Winstondry wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am
Anyone here have any experience or thoughts on the new NRX 901 SJR Special Run vs an NRX 921S MR? I'm questioning whether the reel seat on the 921S Inshore series wouldn't be more sensitive than the one on the Jig/Worm series rods?
On the 901 and 902 I always had the heel of my hand on the fore grip and my fingers on and around the blank.
Thanks Travis. Have you looked at the differences in the reel seats? Thoughts on which would be more sensitive?

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Winstondry wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am
Anyone here have any experience or thoughts on the new NRX 901 SJR Special Run vs an NRX 921S MR? I'm questioning whether the reel seat on the 921S Inshore series wouldn't be more sensitive than the one on the Jig/Worm series rods?
I've never fished the 921s but do like the looks of that reel seat over the SJR series.

Cranky
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 am

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by Cranky » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 am

The reel seat on the inshore models is really great. Hard to say for sure which is more sensitive simply because of the reel seat though. I’d say it’s not any worse, at a minimum.

User avatar
falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:42 am
Location: Illinois

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by falcon » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:36 am

Aren’t the guides larger on the inshore models? Thought I read that in the past
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

Cranky
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 am

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by Cranky » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 pm

They are a lot larger. Most bass guys would consider them absolutely enormous. Great for passing leader knots. I fish an 804S a lot for heavy spinning applications and love it.

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Cranky wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 pm
They are a lot larger. Most bass guys would consider them absolutely enormous. Great for passing leader knots. I fish an 804S a lot for heavy spinning applications and love it.
Any chance you can get a pic of the inshore nrx guides vs a nrx sjr guides?

User avatar
falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:42 am
Location: Illinois

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by falcon » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 pm

As a hobby builder the regular nrx guides even with leaders is as big as I’d ever go.
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: NRX 901 SJR Special Run

Post by Winstondry » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:15 pm

That makes sense they’d have bigger guides. I’d also be looking to use this rod to fish the SoCal surf so the larger guides won’t bother me. Although I’ve not hit the surf to fish in years, just an excuse to justify another nice toy. 😉

Post Reply