Expride Medium Glass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Expride Medium Glass

Post by russ57 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:32 am

I have an Expride 72MH glass and really like the way it loads up on the cast and fishes overall, but it is pretty tip heavy which does get noticeable after an hour or two of fishing. It is also slightly stiffer then I would prefer for my chatterbaits in some situations(especially when I get strikes 10-20 feet from the bank, which happens a lot to me in the ponds I fish), and a little much for a shallow diving crankbait or lipless unless around a lot of grass. I want to try another moving bait stick, and this model piques my interest at the moment. Does anyone here have experience with it? I've heard it feels a lot lighter, and I saw a video of keith combos (shimano prostaff) showing his chatterbait rod, which was a 7MG, albeit in the zodias line, so I'm assuming it can be used for that purpose.

Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Expride Medium Glass

Post by Fran87 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 am

Trying to find the perfect chatterbait rod I've seen this beauty...

It's glass composite model

Rod weight 110g
Lure 10-35g
Regular fast taper
7'3MH

It's 2019 model

You can see official Shimano video about these rods: https://youtu.be/iOrKhpvmzCg
Please turn on subtitles and select "Translate to English" in settings.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Expride Medium Glass

Post by russ57 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:35 pm

I got the rod in a couple weeks ago. I vastly prefer it to the Expride 72MH Glass. It feels much lighter, more crisp, and is far better balanced. The tip is also softer, which helps a lot on strikes near shore or the boat, whichever you are fishing on.