Steez AGS Drop Shot Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Steez AGS Drop Shot Rod

Post by smallies » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Im looking at potentially adding the 7ft ML/F Steez AGS spinning rod as a drop shot rod. For those that have used it, how would it be for a 1/8-3/8oz ds rod? What is it good at/bad at? I do like my ds rods a hair more powerful, which pretty much means no noodles. I am currently running an NRX 822 dsr for comparison. Thanks.

darrin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Steez AGS Drop Shot Rod

Post by darrin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 pm

You will love this rod. It is super light and well balanced. I run mine with a Certate 1500. I routinely drop shot with 3/16 up to 1/4 and it's perfect. I'll be honest, I haven't had the need to drop down to 1/8, but the rod would handle it without a problem. The rod is also really sensitive. On a trip last year, I could feel bites on a slack line. Don't know how much of that was because of the AGS guides, but it's an amazing stick for sure. Haven't used the NRX, sorry. But you have to feel this rod to appreciate it. FWIW, this is my main drop shot rod with 5 or 6 lb fluoro and I have no problems fishing it in 70 ft of water. Happy shopping!