shipping rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
harry chang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

shipping rods

Post by harry chang » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:26 pm

just got a shipment through GSO and guess what I found inside? 6 broken rods. just a heads up. shipped many rods and this is the first time with issues.

Harry
Attachments
broken rods 1.JPG
broken rods 1.JPG (64.49 KiB) Viewed 6177 times
broken tube.JPG
broken tube.JPG (60.56 KiB) Viewed 6177 times

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: shipping rods

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:56 pm

It's a combination of that flimsy tube and total idiots working for the post office.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 pm

harry chang wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:26 pm
just got a shipment through GSO and guess what I found inside? 6 broken rods. just a heads up. shipped many rods and this is the first time with issues.

Harry
Who packaged those rods in that tube?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Jesus Cristo on a cross that is all bad ](*,)

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Is that the place with all the dirt cheap Fantasistas and what-not? That's why I haven't and will never buy anything from them.
This is the way.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Sorry man that sucks
What is your recourse if any I ask?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:11 am

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Is that the place with all the dirt cheap Fantasistas and what-not? That's why I haven't and will never buy anything from them.
Sierra Trading Post has the Fantasistas for cheap sometimes. I was wondering what "GSO" is myself.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 am

I'm gonna guess they were shipped with golden state overnight

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:31 pm

I have, over the course of years, received some broken rods and while it is true that some sellers pack better than others, I don't necessarily think it is always the fault of the seller. I have received rods in what I thought were sturdy tubes crushed and others that were in triangular boxes make it safely. Luckily, other than the time and trouble, I have not been out anything as the seller has always taken care of the loss. It doesn't seem to matter what service is used if they conveyor the rods they get broke. You can bet that if the box/tube is crushed in the middle someone threw it on a conveyor and that is how it got broke.

I don't know how the OP rods got broke but I would guess a conveyor was involved. I have received rods from Sierra Trading that were securely packed and unharmed. I will continue to occasionally buy rods on line and take my chances. I also don't know what GSO stands for.

harry chang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by harry chang » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Yes, Golden State Overnight. Since the rods are 8’, they could not go with UPS. The tube is very strong that I can’t hardly bend on my knees. The rods were packaged well, It is not the shipper’s fault. those were blanks from Phenix. They ship hundreds of rods per day so I think they know how to pack and ship rods. They were on it with the replacements, 15 minutes after I opened the tube, replacements were on their way. Over 1 hundred rods shipped and this is a first both on the receiving and the shipping end for me. I am sure it is just a fluke. Just needed to vent.

Harry