Duce Rods?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Duce Rods?

Post by fishballer06 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:46 am

I noticed that TackleWarehouse is now carrying Duce Rods and I did a little research on these rods. They seem like an awesome rod for the money. The Cliff Crochet signature series seems like a real gem at the price point as well.

-Toray carbon blanks
-Double locking reel seat nuts
-Skeletonized reel seat/grip
-PacBay guides
-Spiral wrap guide design on all rods
-$160 price point

Apparently Duce is a big brand in the Redfish fishing world and they've been dipping their toes into the bass world the past two years. They're based in Louisiana as well. Has anyone here ever fished with one? Or know anything additional about them for that matter? I have a fishing partner who owns a few custom built rods with the spiral wrap guide design and it seems to work really well, so these rods have me intrigued. I'm looking for a new frogging/jig rod and the 7'3" H has piqued my interest.

rtb83
Angler
Angler

Re: Duce Rods?

Post by rtb83 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 am

I bought one last year specifically for wade fishing the salt. I was pleased with it, very light. I did seem to me to be a little softer than the specified rating.