Megabass Destroyer Daemos

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
wilddog66
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass Destroyer Daemos

Post by wilddog66 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:02 pm

How well does the Daemos handle casting weight near the top of it’s range? I plan to use it in freshwater for bladed baits, large spooks and 1oz Plopper 110s. Inshore, it will be fished with up to 1oz weights + shrimp or gulp in inlets with strong current. This rod will replace an OG Orochi XX Diablo which occasionally has problems passing braid/heavy FC leader knots.

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer Daemos

Post by bbates3 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:36 pm

I would take a different rod

I wouldn’t grab my Daemos to fish “near” An inlet or with 1oz weight plus soft plastic. Even 3/4 oz. to me it’s not can it handle the weight of the lure but where are you fishing and what’s swimming down there.

Slot sized fish you are fine but what it something bigger bites. Are there a lot of other boats around?

I love high end gear

For what you want I would grab something more powerful

I’ve thrown a vixen on my Daemos and it handles it great.
Last edited by bbates3 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilddog66
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer Daemos

Post by wilddog66 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Correction, I just checked the weights in my saltwater tackle bag, turns out they are 3/4oz. So it’s 3/4oz plus bait. I have used the identically rated Diablo Spec-R and my GLX 893C JWR in that situation with those weights, no problems. Above the upper limit on the 893C, but it handled it just fine.