Waterloo Rods Help

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Waterloo Rods Help

Post by bassm1n » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:02 am

I had a Waterloo Scrape rod 15 years ago. It was a great rod. Waterloo is still around but some posts indicate they are owned by different people and their rods are not what they used to be. They are willing to build me a new scrape rod but I want to be sure they are still good.

rtb83
Angler
Angler

Re: Waterloo Rods Help

Post by rtb83 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:12 am

Yes the original owner sold the company and teamed with his brother to start Yeti. I don't have any experience with the pre-sale rode lines, but they are one of the more popular rod companies down on the Texas coast. The mag line of rods has fairly big following.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks. I have since found out they are now using North Fork blanks. They previously used Loomis IMX blanks. Not heard much re the scrape rod over the years. At one ponit it was the go to grass/jig rod on Rayburn.

rtb83
Angler
Angler

Post by rtb83 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:57 am

After they were sold the new owners took the business more to the saltwater side, since the guy who bought it was a guide down there. Funny you say they used to use IMX blanks since I had heard they used to us St. Croix blanks, but there's really no telling for sure. I can't say for sure if they use NFC blanks now or not, the only guy I know for sure who use those blanks down here is Kistler.