Megabass levante discontinued?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Nealrohs5
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Megabass levante discontinued?

Post by Nealrohs5 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:31 pm

I’m looking to buy a rod before March 10th would you say I should wait or do you think it will be out by then?

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:57 pm

The rods are trash i think you guys are fixating on the rods because megabass put their brand sticker on them.And expride is way better all around.

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:21 pm

CheezusCrust wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:57 pm
The rods are trash i think you guys are fixating on the rods because megabass put their brand sticker on them.And expride is way better all around.
Just out of curiosity which models from the Levante line can you cross reference with the Expride, and what aspects do you like better as far as on the water performance?

ZJKorman
Angler
Angler

Post by ZJKorman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:44 pm

The expride isnt even in the same price range. Now compare the gen 1 zodias to the levante. Very Close. Both models have great actions, and look great. I think the Levante is a tad more sensitive. I personally own a Zodias 7'2" MH, gen 1 Levante flatside special, and a gen 2 Jerkbait special. I also own an expride 6'10" ml spinning that blows them out of the water, but im still interested in trying out a gen 2 zodias when released. If the new handle design can up the sensitivity just a tad more id be happy to purchase another for $200, but the current generation feels a little mushy on bottom contact. Id definitely upgrade my gen 2 to levante for an orochi, how do i go about the process? :D

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

ZJKorman wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:44 pm
The expride isnt even in the same price range. Now compare the gen 1 zodias to the levante. Very Close. Both models have great actions, and look great. I think the Levante is a tad more sensitive. I personally own a Zodias 7'2" MH, gen 1 Levante flatside special, and a gen 2 Jerkbait special. I also own an expride 6'10" ml spinning that blows them out of the water, but im still interested in trying out a gen 2 zodias when released. If the new handle design can up the sensitivity just a tad more id be happy to purchase another for $200, but the current generation feels a little mushy on bottom contact. Id definitely upgrade my gen 2 to levante for an orochi, how do i go about the process? :D
I'd definitely trade my levante in for an orochi but I think you have to break the levante first. If they let you just trade it up let me know.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:23 am

Nealrohs5 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:31 pm
I’m looking to buy a rod before March 10th would you say I should wait or do you think it will be out by then?
There are some supply chain issues in regards to components thatcare slowing things down a bit. Projecting an early summer release. Very sorry for any delays.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:33 am

M Perry wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:23 am
Nealrohs5 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:31 pm
There are some supply chain issues in regards to components that is slowing things down a bit. Projecting an early summer release. Very sorry for any delays.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:25 pm

If MB factory did not have parts prior to Chinese New Year, then they are on a bind right now. Just about every sub-supplier I have in China has a skeleton crew right now. Don't even ask me about the one in Wuhan. Supply chains will be slow for a while.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Any idea on a release date?

IMO we may not even get a new series this year, given the current state of the world

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:31 am

russ57 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:25 pm

IMO we may not even get a new series this year, given the current state of the world
We still do not have an estimated release date right now due to situations not in MB control. As soon as that date is given I will post it here. Your patience is appreciated and I know MB wants to get them released sooner rather than later so please hang in there.

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:21 am

M Perry wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:31 am
russ57 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:25 pm

We still do not have an estimated release date right now due to situations not in MB control. As soon as that date is given I will post it here. Your patience is appreciated and I know MB wants to get them released sooner rather than later so please hang in there.
Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it.

Trout Bloke
Angler
Angler

Post by Trout Bloke » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:51 pm

The JDM versions of the Levante and Orochi are available though they get snatched up pretty fast.

GaterB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by GaterB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 am

Anyone have news on a release date as of yet? Would like to add a FSS to the lineup for the fall
A fish in the hand is worth two in the brush

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 am

GaterB wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 am
Anyone have news on a release date as of yet? Would like to add a FSS to the lineup for the fall
As if today we do not have an release date that can be shared. MB is working hard to get them released as early as possible.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:26 am

Bump....any updates?

I think the gen 2 design looks awesome! I do think Megabass needs to consider their own words regarding this problem:

"We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we expect our customers to do the same."

Making everything in Japan would make this statement true. I wish they made everything in Japan, this issue would not have occured.
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS