Medium Heavy Spinning Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Medium Heavy Spinning Rods

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:22 pm

You bet
Philippians 4:6

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:17 pm

I have had my eye on the new-ish MB Destroyer Bush Hack as my “powerful” spinning rod.

https://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_p ... s_id=14410

The solid tip has so far scared me off but it looks like the perfect rod for a lot of the little ponds that I fish where I’m casting from unreasonable angles due to overhanging brush.
Last edited by Houndfish on Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:44 am

jpmoney wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Take a look at the Megabass destroyer brigand F4-74XS Excellent rod and lots of power. It’s slightly faster in action to the XX enforcer. I ended up selling the enforcer as I realize I hate the feel of a spinning rod with a front locking nut.
Excellent recommendation.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:29 pm

After researching my options, I went with the Daiwa Tatula Elite Power Spin. It seems like it was designed exactly what I was looking for. It was also a lot cheaper than the other rods I was looking at, but cost wasn't the deciding factor.

“I use this most rod for fishing Yamamoto Senkos with braided line. There are times when you need a spinning rod to cast weightless lures but need to fish them in heavy grass. This rod gives you the power you need when fishing thick cover,” he says. Besides fishing Senkos in grass, he also uses it for skipping docks and says even though it is a medium heavy; it can still be used for finesse fishing. “It has a great soft tip and makes a great shaky head rod,” he says.

https://www.westernbass.com/article/fai ... difference