St. Croix stagnating?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: St. Croix stagnating?

Post by down4ttown » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:37 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 am
Chode wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:23 am
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:28 am
Before I pass judgement, I really like to spend time on the water with new tackle.
any idea when that will happen? i think it's safe to say that a lot of people here trust your judgment and opinion :big grin:
Thank you, I very much appreciate that. I hope it will be soon on fishing them. Supplies are very, very limited and we can't start selling these until March 6 on the website and in person at the Classic. I have an angle on a couple of them regardless, so once that works out, I'll be on the water with them at my first opportunity.
Hey Bronze,

Plan on coming down for the classic. Looking to buy a new rod potentially. The addition of the AGS guides intrigue me. How does the St. Croix blank measure up to your higher end megabass, poison, and G.Loomis? Wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck. Intrigued for a bottom contact and a potential chatterbait rod. Have mainly Dobyns and Abu Garcia Fanstasista rods currently so have no experience with any of the above.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: St. Croix stagnating?

Post by bronzefly » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:48 pm

down4ttown wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:37 pm
Hey Bronze,

Plan on coming down for the classic. Looking to buy a new rod potentially. The addition of the AGS guides intrigue me. How does the St. Croix blank measure up to your higher end megabass, poison, and G.Loomis? Wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck. Intrigued for a bottom contact and a potential chatterbait rod. Have mainly Dobyns and Abu Garcia Fanstasista rods currently so have no experience with any of the above.
Fantastic! Stop by the TT booth early and check them out yourself, directly across from St. Croix. Unfortunately, I haven't fished any of them yet, I've just handled them. They have a high end look and feel without a doubt. My initial suspicion is that in terms of pure sensitivity, they will be rated up there with some of the elite models on the market today. In terms of balance, they are better than a lot of those same elite models. Obviously, they weigh more than some of the competition, but balance comes at a cost which is weight...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap