nrz 852c vs st croix elite 7mfc

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
KSRonH
Angler
Angler

nrz 852c vs st croix elite 7mfc

Post by KSRonH » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:45 pm

just curious if anyone is familiar with the two rods and can tell me how they compare. Thanks for your input.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: nrz 852c vs st croix elite 7mfc

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:04 pm

NRX all day. I do like the Legend Elite series. I built 2 customs on the blanks. I could tell the difference easily between the NRX and Legend Elite in sensitivity. Both are great rods. Price would be a major factor.

The 2 Legend Elite blanks are a 7ft Lite and a 7'6" MH.

St Croix does have a great warranty.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:22 pm

I have had them both in spinning variants. The tapers are different with the NRX being really fast and the St Croix having a fast tip with a parabolic action. The St Croix is more comparable to a 842 MBR taper.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:16 am

the nrx 852 has a faster tip for sure and in my hands is more sensitive. I have two of the legend elite 7 m action casting rods and 1 spinning 7 m and like stated above they have a softer tip and more parabolic bend in the rod once loaded. I really like the 7 m casting rod its one of my favorites in the line up for many things on the lighter side. smaller keitechs, blade baits, underspins, and a really good jerkbait rod if you prefer a 7 footer for them. I throw a lot of vision 110+1s on the elite. i no longer have the 852 casting but still have the spinning which is the same blank. i really liked it for light texas rigs and 1/4 oz finesse jigs more of the bottom bouncing stuff.