Poison Adrena vs Megabass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jprice92
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Poison Adrena vs Megabass

Post by jprice92 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:15 pm

Looking for a moving bait rod mostly for chatterbait and spinnerbaits, thinking of the megabass daemos or the poison adrena mh regular fast action. Anyone have experience with both?

jdbassman32
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Poison Adrena vs Megabass

Post by jdbassman32 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:28 am

I have not used either, but have the 6'11" Medium. To me it's closer to a MH and think it would be great for spinnerbaits. I've used it for chatterbaits and like it as well as for rattle baits. Very versatile rod IMO.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Poison Adrena vs Megabass

Post by jerkbait22 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:35 am

I also have the 6'11M+ PA. I agree with the poster above that it's closer to MH than M. I haven't fished spinnerbaits or chatterbaits on mine but I love the rod. I use it more for weightless and light t-rigs and topwater baits. I'm sure it would be a fine rod for spinnerbaits and chatterbaits too.

If you can wait I have a Destroyer Javelin on order that I plan to use for chatterbaits and spinnerbaits. I wanted the extra length for fishing expansive grass flats.

Reviews on both rods are very good so I think it's just personal preference. For me the handle and locking nut on the PA rods are a bit more comfortable than the destroyers. I went with the Javelin since there wasn't a larger moving bait rod in the PA line up.