7’2″ F5-72XRC Racing Condition by Megabass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

7’2″ F5-72XRC Racing Condition by Megabass

Post by goldrod » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Anyone have this rod?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 7’2″ F5-72XRC Racing Condition by Megabass

Post by Tigerbass » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:43 pm

A couple of people have it (or used to have it). I seriously inquired about this rod a couple of years ago but never found one, or never pulled the trigger if I did find one. I know for several years Aaron Martens used it (I know as his jerkbait Rod). I believe the consensus was that it was the predecessor to the Diablo spec r (similar action and power). Good moving bait rod but supposedly not highly sensitive.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Tigerbass wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:43 pm
A couple of people have it (or used to have it). I seriously inquired about this rod a couple of years ago but never found one, or never pulled the trigger if I did find one. I know for several years Aaron Martens used it (I know as his jerkbait Rod). I believe the consensus was that it was the predecessor to the Diablo spec r (similar action and power). Good moving bait rod but supposedly not highly sensitive.

Thanks.
I was running through some notes of mine and I saw this rod but there was no action taken. I’m glad that you gave the draw backs on it as well, maybe that’s why it never made it off my note pad.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

MCROUT14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MCROUT14 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:50 am

I have the Limited Edition one with the cranes on it. Has become my go-to moving bait rod for baits in the 3/8-1/2oz range, has just the right action to snap the bait free from grass but loads up nice so you don't pull the bait out of the mouth. The limited one came with a limited edition knuckle so I think it was designed for shallow cranking/moving baits. Anything that Aaron Martens put his name on (before Enigma) I want in my hands. :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:34 am

MCROUT14 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:50 am
I have the Limited Edition one with the cranes on it. Has become my go-to moving bait rod for baits in the 3/8-1/2oz range, has just the right action to snap the bait free from grass but loads up nice so you don't pull the bait out of the mouth. The limited one came with a limited edition knuckle so I think it was designed for shallow cranking/moving baits. Anything that Aaron Martens put his name on (before Enigma) I want in my hands. :lol:
could you Please post a picture of it, if thats not asking too much.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:50 pm

MCROUT14 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:50 am
I think Samurai Tackle (or one of the JDM stores) had that limited addition model with the cranes on it. I looked at it many times but never pulled the trigger. I agree with you about Amart! It was him talking about that rod that had me looking for one. Glad you are enjoying it.